Wednesday, 29 August 2012

The silliest/most embarrassing/craziest thing I've done to get someone's attention


As you may or may not know, Rachel Harris has her own street team called the Flirt Squad and it's an awesome way to win goodies and learn interesting things about other YA authors and their books. We (the Flirt Squad) have just received our First Official Flirt Squad Challenge: to say what the silliest/most embarrassing/craziest thing we've ever done to get someone's attention is.
You can find info on the challenge, here:  http://www.rachelharriswrites.com/blog/2012/8/28/the-craziest-thing-i-ever-did-to-get-someones-attention-flir.html
And on the Flirt Squad, here:  http://www.rachelharriswrites.com/flirt-squad/

So let's get right down to business...

 What is the silliest/most embarrassing/craziest thing you ever did to get someone's attention?


Gee, this is pushing my memory. (Yes I'm aware of the fact I only started college this year so it obviously couldn't have been that long ago but I have a bad memory okay!) Okay, I've got it!

I went to an extremely small school for high school, only 30 or so kids in grades 7-10, and so it was hard to keep secrets from anyone. My friends told me that this super-cute guy liked me, but I wasn't sure whether or not it was true. My epic plan to find out if he did like me, was to be totally creepy and constantly stare at him. I didn't just give him secretive looks, I would stare and as soon as he'd turn my way I'd look down, or up, or across the other way... It was extremely embarrassing and silly, and 100% crazy, but I was really shy and didn't want to actually 'speak' to him.
It turns out he did like me and my freaky stares didn't scare him off, so we ended up going out. We were both a little too shy to make the relationship work though, but he is still a cool guy and I will always respect the fact that he liked me, creepy staring and all.


(I'm a little tired so I'm really hoping I haven't made any horrible spelling/grammatical errors. I apologise if I have!)

4 comments:

  1. Dude, we could be twins!!! he he LOVE your post girl, thanks so much for jumping in with me =)

    You are made of awesome
    xoxoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, this whole thing is a blast! I love the challenge idea! The Flirt Squad is just brilliant!

      I like to think I'm a bit more boy savvy now, but I'm still just the crazy staring girl.

      xoxo
      Myra

      Delete
  2. Sounds like what I'd do. Only the guy wouldn't ever talk to me. It's hard when you're shy to know what to do or say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this! I always had a hard time talking to my crushes back then. I enjoyed your story- and am glad the stares didn't scare him off. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete