Friday, 21 September 2012

Demons of The Sun by Cindi Madsen - REVIEW

Demons of the Sun
by Cindi Madsen
Published: 4th September 2012
Synonpsis from Goodreads:

Persephone didn’t ask to be the guardian of Hades Dagger, an artifact Hades forged to turn demons into daywalkers. She didn’t ask for the demon blood running through her veins that allows her to touch the thing, either.And she definitely didn’t ask for Jax, a cocky Warrior, to barge into her life and proclaim himself her bodyguard now that Hades wants his dagger back.

Forced to deal with this reality, along with an increase in demon attacks, and the fact members of the Order of Zeus keep turning up dead, Persephone finds her hands full.

When demons tell Persephone that she’s one of them she’s appalled... And a little intoxicated by the power she feels when they call her their queen. Telling Jax about her demon side might turn him away from her forever...

Something bad is brewing, and if Persephone doesn't  figure out a solution, and soon she’ll be responsible for unleashing Hell on Earth.


Demons of the Sun by Cindi Madsen - Review

I won an e-copy of this book as part of Rachel Harris' Flirt Squad. Cindi Madsen was a guest author and put a couple of copies of her book (and some snazzy bookmarks) up for grabs. I hadn't known much about this book before I started reading, just that it involved greek mythology, a girl called Persophone and of course, demons.


The first page of the book dived into action and within the first 100 or so words, I was hooked. To me that is one sign of a good book, being able to grab your readers within the first couple of lines. The pace of the book did not abate, whether throwing you into edge-of-your-seat action or capturing you in the hot romances and underlying tensions.


The main character is Persephone, the last Sentry of the Order of Zeus. Persephone is head-strong, smart and uses a good dose of sarcasm in her words. She’s lost her whole family yet she manages to soldier on, which is rather amazing. She’s not quite as tough as she seems, but after all she’s been through that’s no surprise.  I love her! She is brilliant.


Jax is Persephone’s knight in shining armour, though he has to force his way into her life at first. He is funny, smart and drop-dead sexy! The scenes between him and Persephone.. Well let’s just say the chemistry between those two is crazy hot!


I really liked the relationships between Persephone x Jax and Persephone x Adrastos. I was team Jax from the moment he forced his way into Persephone's life. He was sexy, funny and sexy.. Oh I already said that, still it needs to be doubly mentioned! I found Adrastos’ affections to be a little creepy and the whole tattoo thing was weird,but I’m pretty sure that’s the vibe I was meant to be feeling. Even though Adrastos wasn't as good as Jax (In my opinion of course) the scenes between he and Persephone are quite steamy and he is sexy in his own right. I think the fact that Persephone was actually in love with, or at least greatly liked, them both was refreshing. It wasn't a typical love triangle and I’m glad the author didn't try and play one of the relationships off as fake.


I really enjoyed the book. It was a fun read and I loved the banter between Persephone and Jax. I’d really recommend this to an YA lover especially if you have a passion for Greek Mythology.



4/5 Whales


No comments:

Post a Comment