Sunday, 30 September 2012

Judging a Book by It's Cover [1]

Judging a Book by It's Cover is my new feature where I'll post new releases from the previous week with covers that really drew me in, whether for their stunning artwork or the way they tied in so well with the story.
Click on the book covers to take you to their goodreads page.
*The release dates are from goodreads.

September 23rd - September 30th


Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - Publication date: September 25th (My review)
Falling to Ash by Karen Mahoney - Publication date: September 27th
The Turning by Francine Prose - Publication date September 25th

I love Alice in Zombieland it's cover art is amazing and the pretty girl in the blue dress with a background of an eerie forest goes well with the vibe of the story. The card suits in the border are also a clever touch.

Falling to Ash, I think they is gorgeous. I really love the moths and their wings and I think the girl is perfect. I really love this cover!

The Turning gives of a really eerie feel which fits in well with the synopsis of the story. I think it works really well.



The Blessed by Tonya Hurley - Publication date September 25th
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta - Publication date September 26th
Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick - Publication date September 25th

The colours mesh together really well in The Blessed and I'm fond of the font. It works well with what I've heard of the story, being both saintly and creepy.

I didn't really like the cover for Quintana of Charyn but they I looked at it up close and decided the background of trees and the castle were really cool. I also really like the other covers from the Lumatere Chronicles.
I like the smokey wisps on Shadows and I really like the blue. I think the colours are really great.



The Infects by Sean Beaudoin - Publication date September 25th
A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies - Publication date September 25th
Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel - Publication date September 25th

I like the colours and the simplicity of The Infects. It's not overly complicated and that is something I really like.
A Fractured Light is simply gorgeous. I love things that stick with simple colours, such as black and white and everything about this cover just makes me happy!
What a beautiful expression. I like the designs in the corner of Dearly, Beloved but really it's the girl that draws me in. The pendant 'round her neck and her expression really make this cover divine.


What book covers have really drawn your eye? Are there some I missed, some you disagree with? I really like your comments and I try to reply within the next day or so. I would really like to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment