Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished [1]

Teaser Tuesday
hosted by MizB at Should be Reading

Alice in Zombieland
by Gena Showalter
Publication date:  25th September 2012

"Adrenaline rode through my veins on a tide of urgency, and I knew there would be no talking myself into staying put.
I grabbed the baseball bat I'd borrowed from Pops."

~ Pg. 77, 'Alice in Zombieland' by Gena Showalter

This teaser comes from an advance uncorrected proof. The final copy may contain some changes.




Top Ten Tuesday

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic is Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished, whether due to lack of time or I just couldn't be bring myself to finish them.

1. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
I got the first two out from the library a while ago and I read them in quick succession. I liked them but I wasn't in love and by the time the third one came out I couldn't be bothered to find the time to finish. I'll probably read the last book sometime, just so I've completed the series but it's not something I'm dying to read.

2. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I loved the first three books but I just can't bring myself to read the next couple. I thought the book ended well and the comments I've heard about the newer books haven't really had me jumping for joy. I may read the rest of the series, but I'm not sure.

3. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
I didn't like the first book. I read it through and thought it was okay, but after thinking about it for a couple of days I realised I didn't really like it at all. I know a lot of people liked it but it just wasn't for me. I didn't feel inspired to finish the rest of this series.

4. House of Night by P.C & Kristin Cast
I think I got up to about book six or so because I'd received them all for my birthday and I couldn't get the next few books as I didn't have enough money. I didn't mind the series but I'm a little disinterested at the moment.

5. Shifters by Rachel Vincent
I liked this series but after accidentally reading book four instead of book 3 I got confused and annoyed so I gave up. My friend has started reading these recently and her enthusiasm has made me think I should try them again, but in the proper order this time.

6. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I read Hush, Hush a while ago now and can remember liking it but I don't remember much else. The rest of the series wasn't out at that time so I'll probably revisit this series later.

7. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
I didn't have strong feelings about this book, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I'm not sure if I'll finish off the series, depends on whether or not I run out on reading material.

8. Fallen by Lauren Kate
I'm up to the last book and want to finish the series but I haven't had the time or money to procure the last book. I shall have to do it sometime in the future, hopefully before the end of this year.

9. Fairytale Retellings by Jackson Pearce
I really liked Sister's Red and I have Sweetly sitting in my TBR pile, I just haven't got around to it yet. I'm not too keen on the new covers though.

10. Stephanie Plum  by Janet Evanovich
I love this series! I've read all but the latest book and am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy and locking myself in my room until I've finished.

There we go, that's my list. I've got a lot more unfinished series but I can't think of any others at the moment. I really hate leaving things unfinished, but sometimes you just can't help it.

16 comments:

  1. Alice in Zombieland sounds interesting. I'm going to have to check it out. Also, I liked your top ten list. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my teaser.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read much of it yet but so far I'm really liking it.

      Nice teaser, the book sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of it before, I shall have to have a look.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Alice in Zombieland is everywhere! I've seen it on other memes and I'm excited for it. The cover is lovely too.

    Mortal Instruments, House of Night, Hush Hush, Halo, and Fallen are in my TBR. I haven't started any of them.

    My teaser is from Transcend by Christine Fonseca

    My top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good so far, I've really enjoyed it.

      The Mortal Instruments are really good, at least the books I have read. Halo and House of Night weren't really my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people enjoyed them.

      Delete
  3. You HAVE to finish TMI asap! They're so good. I have almost all the rest on my TBR pile, I haven't even started them yet.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a little worried to start book four because I loved the first three. I think I'll read the newer books but I'll wait until I have them all so I'm not left hanging.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think the cover's just gorgeous. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. I so wanna read this one! Thanks for the teaser!

    here's our TT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. I'm really looking forward to reading more, when life decides to get out of my way. :P

      Delete
  6. Love the cover...NEW FOLLOWER.

    Here is my teaser from MURDER TAKES TIME by Giacomo Giammatteo. It was GOOD...just finished it yesterday.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday-925.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. Thank you.

      Ooh.. I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  7. Alice in Zombieland sounds like something worth reading. It's on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I should have a review up by the end of the week.

      Delete
  8. Myra! Your blog is super amazing. :) and you are for sure a super sexy whale.

    Do you wish for me to purchase the last fallen book for you? :) I would surely like to.

    Love, your baby radish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate it.

      If you want to that would ne nice. :)

      Thank you. :)

      Delete