Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [1]

Waiting on Wednesday
hosted by Breaking the Spine

Splintered
by A. G. Howard
Expected publication date:  1st January 2013


From Goodreads:

This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.



When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

This book sounds amazing and the cover is just gorgeous. I'm really, really looking forward to this book!

12 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this everywhere. It sounds great! Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover! The blurb sounds so tempting, too...enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! All the amazingness makes January seem so far away.

      Delete
  3. I have this one on my to-read list I think... It sounds great! It's definitely around the WOW posts. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it on a few other WoW's. It just sounds great!

      Delete
  4. that book looks epic and I haven't seen it before!!!

    New GFC follower.
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it on a few blogs and everything I've seen has been great!

      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. Great pick, Splintered sounds amazing. I love the cover :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)
      The cover is quite amazing.

      Delete
  6. OH MY YES. The waiting is like.. torture for me. This was one of the first books I featured on my blog and I FREAKING can't wait.

    I'm sorry, haha. Every time I see this book I become enthusiastic :')

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Ever since I first saw this book I've been really excited about it! And everything I've heard about it is just.. [insert really awesome word here]!

      I understand, this book just looks and sounds fabulous.

      Delete