Sunday, 28 October 2012

Judging a Book by it's Cover [3]

Judging a Book by It's Cover is a weekly post where I shall go through my bookcases, book piles and borrowed books and showcase a book which I bought/picked up purely based on it's cover. I know it's a bad thing to do but sometime's a cover just grabs you, plus I'm always a little worried that if I look at the books blurb it'll tell me the first half of the book! If I've reviewed the book I'll put the link in my post but mostly I'll just describe my thoughts on the cover.


Alice in Zombieland
by Gena Showalter
Published September 2012

I won an ARC of this book from Mira Ink not really knowing what it was about. From the title I thought it was an Alice in Wonderland remake with zombies thrown in; I was wrong. This was a really amazing book and you can find my review for it here.

I really love the colours in this, the dark colours set an eerie mood and are beautifully contrasted by the blue in the dress. I fell in love with the cover almost as soon as I saw it and the simple 'Off with their heads.' quote down the bottom is just brilliant. I wanted to buy a proper copy of the book but because I live in Australia, the only copies I can find have had a slightly different cover:


This is the Australian version of the cover and I have to say I'm not really fond of the green. Everything else is pretty much the same but I feel the green border takes away some of the eerie beauty of the first cover.

Anyway, I love the cover and am really excited to see what the second book, Through the Zombie Glass, looks like!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm not a fan of the green border either. The frame around the girl is so pretty :) And the little 'Off with their heads' is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover was so great, I'm not sure why they had to change it. It's still a very pretty cover though. :)

      Delete