Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Top Ten Tuesday [3]


Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


1. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy
This is obvious to anyone who's read the books, Rose is totally kick-ass. She can hold her own with any guy  and kills Strigoi like it's no sweat! And, as I've mentioned here before, Richelle Mead is an absolute genius.

2. Alice Bell from Alice in Zombieland
It's hard to follow Rose but I think Alice is pretty darn kick-ass. She has no clue how to fight these zombies she can suddenly see but none-the-less she gives it a shot. No way is she staying out of the action!

3. Persephone from Demons of the Sun
She is a feisty, kick-ass heroine. She's the only person left in her family and the only one left to guard this horribly dangerous weapon. Yet she still manages to kick-butt with her hands, and sharp tongue!

4. Sally Lockhart from The Ruby in the Smoke
She 'has a thorough grounding in military tactics, can run a business, ride like a Cossack and shoot straight with a pistol.' That sounds pretty kick-ass to me. She also gets mixed up in some awesome action.

5. Cammie Morgan from I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
She goes to a school that trains girls to be spies, so of course she'd be kick-ass! All the different skills she learns and techniques for being a spy are very cool and she gets a lot better during the later books.

6. Stephanie Plum from One For the Money
Okay, she fails at almost everything. She can never keep her car, sometimes blows stuff up and things never go according to plan when she's around, but you've gotta admit that in the end she kicks some butt!

7. Faythe Sanders from Stray
She kicks-butt, a lot of butt. What I've read of the Shifter series is full of action and Faythe deals out her fair share of ass-whooping!

As for 8, 9, 10... I'm sure there's more but none are coming to me, so I'll leave my list at 7.


What about you, who are your favourite butt-kicking heroines? Let me know who I've missed, or who I've got right. I really love reading your comments!

14 comments:

  1. I saw Rose on pretty much every list so far, she's such a kick-ass character! :D Great list ;)

    My TTT
    *GIVEAWAY*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is totally awesome! Looking around at others I've realised heaps of people I've missed! But there are so many awesome characters I couldn't really include them all.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read these books, but a lot have Rose on the list. I should read the VA series, don't I? ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VA is amazing, I think you should definitely give it a go. :)

      Delete
  3. Great list! I had always wanted to read The Ruby in the Smoke and the other books in the series but I never got around to it...I should look it up again one of these days...

    Here's my TTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read them years ago and have been meaning to re-read them. I thought they were really good!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's really good! I love the zombies, story and characters, there was not a whole lot I didn't enjoy. :)

      Delete
  5. Out of all this, I love Rose the most. Definitely agree with Coffee Monster there. She's such a kick-ass character! ;) Great Top... 7 ;)

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who's read VA can't deny she's kick-ass! ;)

      Delete
  6. I took picked Rose. I mean, how can one leave her off especially if they are a paranormal fan!!

    New follower.

    Check out my TTT


    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I picked Cammie too! Good job. :-D

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete