Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [4]

Hosted by Breaking the Spine


Gameboard of the Gods
by Richelle Mead
Expected Pulication: 4th June 2013

From Goodreads:
In a futuristic world nearly destroyed by religious extremists, Justin March lives in exile after failing in his job as an investigator of religious groups and supernatural claims. But Justin is given a second chance when Mae Koskinen comes to bring him back to the Republic of United North America (RUNA). Raised in an aristocratic caste, Mae is now a member of the military’s most elite and terrifying tier, a soldier with enhanced reflexes and skills.

When Justin and Mae are assigned to work together to solve a string of ritualistic murders, they soon realize that their discoveries have exposed them to terrible danger. As their investigation races forward, unknown enemies and powers greater than they can imagine are gathering in the shadows, ready to reclaim the world in which humans are merely game pieces on their board.

Gameboard of the Gods, the first installment of Richelle Mead’s Age of X series, will have all the elements that have made her YA Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series such megasuccesses: sexy, irresistible characters; romantic and mythological intrigue; and relentless action and suspense.


Oh. My. Gosh. I . Love. My. Life. Richelle Mead is writing another series!! [insert fangirly squeal here] I was super excited to read this when I first hear abou ti, before I knew anything aout it, and now after reading the synopsis I am ecstatic! Richelle Mead is pure genius and that line about '...sexy, irresistible characters; romantic and mythological intrigue; and relentless action and suspense.' That line just made my day!
Who else knew about this book? Are you as excited as me? I'd love to hear your comments.

14 comments:

  1. I'm also looking forward to reading this one. The story sounds really good.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I am really excited for this series!

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of this one and I LOVE Richelle Mead, thanks for bringing to my attention!!

    Great spotting!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could bring it to your attention. Richelle Mead is amazing!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you for selecting it! Thanks for sharing, oh and new follower (Frodosco - GFC)! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for this one! Can't wait to read a new world of Richelle Mead. I adore her books. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I keep missing these things. I'm a huge fan of Richelle Mead, and still this is the first time I hear of this series. I think I remember her talking about starting another series but that's it. I'm really distracted so thank you so much for sharing this one! I can't wait to see if it's anything like her other books.
    Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky I stumbled across it, I always seem to find things out at the very last minute. Being Richelle Mead I'll have fair;y high expectations, hope it doesn't let me down!

      Delete
  6. I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks for spotlighting it and bring it to my attention!! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share, hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

      Delete
  7. I already know about this book and have it on my TBR. Sounds good. I love mythology theme in books. Nice pick. :)
    Here's my Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, mythology is great! Thanks. :)

      Delete