Friday, 2 November 2012

Feature & Follow [2]



Feature and Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog each week to showcase new book blogs. This week they're featuring, Fiction Predictions and Love, Literature, Art & Reason. Feature & Follow is a fun way to make new friends/followers. The point of this is to gain new acquaintances so I follow you, you follow me and vice versa.

This weeks question: 

Q:What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can’t deal with bad editing?


I don't like bad editing but depending on the content of the book and ow bad the mistakes are, I can deal with it, bad spelling on the other hand.. it kills me. I dont lyk it wen ppl tlk lyk dis in real life so reading something that atrocious in a book will drive me as far away as possible. Luckily I haven't come across too many books like that but it's the one thing that I really can't stand. It's okay to have a couple of spelling mistakes, I do that all the time when I write things, but purposely doing it or just having every couple of words misspelled is painful! I don't think there's anything else that really turns me away from a book.

Leave a comment with your FF post and how you followed and I will make sure to follow you back!



20 comments:

  1. There's not much that will make me give up on a book - but bad editing is definitely a turn-off. I haven't encountered that much though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can really let a book down, but luckily I don't see it too often.

      Delete
  2. I agree, bad spelling is horrible in a book!!!!

    Old follower-
    Come check out My FF
    -Theresa

    Also, don’t forget to enter my Giveaway to win any book from the book depository, HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad spelling is really annoying. I like your example.

    new follower
    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, bad spelling is a drag...though I've never encountered purposefully spelling 'lyk dis' I can't stand it period so that would be cause for me to give up a book for sure. I also mentioned editing in my FFF this week as well :) Great answer, thanks for sharing! Old follower.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really awful, it just makes me cringe. If I see someone speaking like it on tv I feel embarrassed so I can't really handle reading it.

      Delete
  5. Exactly! I can deal with it too as long as it is not to bad and I am interested in the plot.

    New follow.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few misspellings here and there is understandable but everywhere is just bad.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  6. Good answer! New FOLLOWER THROUGH GFC AS LUCYATMAX/NO PIC. I can be found and followed at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com .
    Have a great weekend!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a terrible speller sooo it doesn't bother me so much. I'm used it from .. well myself! HAHA

    new linky follower

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. :P But with a published book I do expect the author/editor to have fixed most of the errors.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  8. I HATE text speak and feel it has no place in books!

    New Follower via GFC. Would love for you to stop by my blog and check it out. :)

    Christine
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I don't even like to use it when I'm sending someone a text message.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  9. I can let some spelling mistakes go but not if they keep taking me out of the story to the point that I'm now looking for/noting them - which did happen to me recently.

    I have to say it's the love triangle. I just can't do it anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel. Anything bad enough that your focusing on 'it' rather than the story is not good.

      Love triangles are really annoying and stressful and though I will read a book with a love triangle I don't very much enjoy them.

      Delete
  10. I can't stand it when words are qritten that way either! It just annoys me and will definitely make me put down the book.

    New follower via GFC. Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really effects your enjoyment of the book.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete