Monday, 5 November 2012

Judging a Book by It's Cover [4]

Judging a Book by It's Cover is a weekly post where I shall go through my bookcases, book piles and borrowed books and showcase a book which I bought/picked up purely based on it's cover. I know it's a bad thing to do but sometime's a cover just grabs you, plus I'm always a little worried that if I look at the books blurb it'll tell me the first half of the book! If I've reviewed the book I'll put the link in my post but mostly I'll just describe my thoughts on the cover.

Fallen (Fallen #1)
by Lauren Kate
Publication Date: December 2009


You cannot deny the gorgeous that is this cover! The only reason I picked up this book was because of the cover. The dark colours and the position of the girl, especially the head-in-hands pose are brilliant together and the dress.. Well all I can say is that it is absolutely gorgeous.

The other books in this series are equally as pretty, though I'm not as keen on Passion's cover as the rest of them. I quite liked the series too, it was a bit confusing in places but I enjoyed it though I have yet to read the last book.

All the covers have a dark heard girl in a beautiful dress but they are all unique enough that while you can see they're part of the same series, they are all amazingly pretty in their own way. They each ahve differnet colour schemes and the girls are in different poses, though Torment and Rapture are fairly similar. The font goes really well with everything and I like that they don't have too much other writing on the covers, it feels like just enough.

I think I enjoy these books more because the cover art is so pretty but they tell a pretty good story so I'm happy with them.


Other Books in the Series:

 
Fallen in Love (Fallen #3.5)
Publication Date: January 2012
 
Torment (Fallen #2)
Publication Date: September 2010

Passion (Fallen #3)
Publication Date: June 2011
   
Rapture (Fallen #4)
Publication Date: June 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment