Monday, 12 November 2012

Judging a Book by It's Cover [5]


Judging a Book by It's Cover is a weekly post where I shall go through my bookcases, book piles and borrowed books and showcase a book which I bought/picked up purely based on it's cover. I know it's a bad thing to do but sometime's a cover just grabs you, plus I'm always a little worried that if I look at the books blurb it'll tell me the first half of the book! If I've reviewed the book I'll put the link in my post but mostly I'll just describe my thoughts on the cover.

Delirium (Delirium #1)
by Lauren Oliver
Publication Date: 1st February 2011



I didn't just by this book because of its amazing looking cover, I did read the blurb before I bought it, but it was the cover that kept drawing my eye. I probably wouldn't have picked it up if it didn't have such a pretty cover and intriguing title.

I really love the colours in this, the different shades bland perfectly together and I'm a really big fan of eyes. I love beautiful eyes in my covers and this eyes is just gorgeous! The shape, the colour, it's so pretty. I'm not sure there's anything about this cover I don't really like. It's absolutely gorgeous and it fits extremely well with the title, it gives of a kind of mystical, delirious state. I very much like this cover.

I'm not as fond of the other books on the series, they match nicely with the first cover but I don't like them as much. The short story covers are pretty and they tie well with the other covers while standing by themselves, though Delirium is still by far my favourite cover in the series.


Other Books in the Series:

Pandemonium (Delirium #2)
Publication Date: February 1st 2012

Requiem (Delirium #3)
Expected Publication: March 5th 2013

Hana (Delirium #1.5)
Publication Date: February 28th 2012

Annabel (Delirium #2.5)
Expected Publication: December 26th 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment