Sunday, 18 November 2012

Judging a Book by It's Cover [6]

Judging a Book by It's Cover is a weekly post where I shall go through my bookcases, book piles and borrowed books and showcase a book which I bought/picked up purely based on it's cover. I know it's a bad thing to do but sometime's a cover just grabs you, plus I'm always a little worried that if I look at the books blurb it'll tell me the first half of the book! If I've reviewed the book I'll put the link in my post but mostly I'll just describe my thoughts on the cover.


The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1)
by Julie Kagawa
Publication Date: 1st February 2010

I remember buying this. I was looking for something amazing to spend a book voucher on and my eyes kept being drawn to this book. I mean as if they wouldn't! Have you seen that gorgeous cover?! The colours are beautiful and the light is amazing! The font's perfect, the girl's perfect.. This has got to be one of my favourite covers ever!

'Iron. Ice. A love doomed from the start.' Those 8 little words on the cover are amazing. In my opinion they make this cover so much better! In 8 words they give you a brief overview of the book and they also sound beautiful. I don't think you could find anything about this cover that I do not like!

I love the other covers in the series too, but The Iron King is just amazing. I can't stop staring at it! When I first saw The Iron Knight, I wasn't sure about it but I think that's probably because they're was a different character on the cover. Now I think it's brilliant because it slightly differentiates it from the others but still definitely fits in with the series, which is good because this book changes to a different characters P.O.V.

I loved these books! As well as them having amazing covers, they had amazing stories too! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and stare lovingly at the pretty covers..


Other Books in the Series:




The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2)
Publication Date: 1st August 2010

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)
Publication Date: 25th January 2011

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4)
Publication Date: 26th October 2011

The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey #1.5, #3.5, #4.5 )
Publication Date: 28th August 2012

2 comments:

  1. I really like this cover too. The swirls are very pretty :D


    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And thankfully it's not too overdone. :)

      Delete