Friday, 9 November 2012

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - REVIEW

Pushing the Limits
(Pushing the Limits #1)
by Katie McGarry
Published 31st July 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads:

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.



Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Review

This book was amazing! I'd heard good things so I had fairly high expectations and I was really happy by how much I enjoyed this book. It was a really emotional, intriguing story and I can't wait to read more by Katie McGarry!

This book was written in the minds of the two main characters, Echo and Noah. I really loved both their views on the world and the different struggles and traumas that had shaped their lives.

The first of our main characters was Echo, a girl who was struggling to move on from a past she can't remember. Echo is a very real character, I could definitely relate with a lot of things she did. She didn't want to disappoint people, she wanted to fit in with the crowd and be accepted.
Noah was our other main character and he is a bad boy. A very sexy bad boy. Okay, he's not all that bad but he's definitely no angel. Noah's been split from his younger brothers and he is willing to most anything to get them back. The relationship with his brothers and his naivety and determination about getting them back is great! It's not something that's often covered in YA and I really loved Noah in this book.

The relationship between Echo and Noah was so smeggin' hot! The attraction between them is undeniable and the realness of their relationship, with all their different problems and short-comings, is really refreshing. The relationship progressed quite fast but I felt it was real as I believe the first few days/dates were lust and intrigue rather than love. I think they're actual love took a little while to come about and I really liked that.

I loved this book! I thought the idea was brilliant and really well executed. I loved the writing and swapping between Echo and Noah's characters was perfectly done with me really feeling a connection to both characters. The character growth was great and the different topics covered in this book are things that I haven't often come across. I would really recommend this book to anyone who loves YA, romance or is just looking for a new book to read. I really loved this!


5/5 Whales



11 comments:

  1. Hi there, the November edition of Books You Loved is now live. Here is the link Books You Loved November Edition Please do pop by and link in a post about a book you loved. Maybe this one? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking this in. If you pop back in a few days there should be a lovely collection of book links. I have just signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I both liked this book and reviewed it. Here is the link to our review if interested: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/08/pushing-limits-by-katie-mcgarry.html

    I found you through the BOOKS YOU LOVED NOVEMBER EDITION and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review.

    Stopping by from Carole's November Books I Loved. I am in that list as #2.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovedd this book! Wasn't like any other YA book I'd read :)

    ~New follower~
    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many great things about this book that I'm afraid of reading it and not liking it as much as all other people seem to. However, from what you said it does sound like something I would enjoy. I will have to give it a try sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard a lot of hype about this book. It sounds interesting, but I'm a little worried that I might be too old to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review. I was surprised by this book. I don't usually like contemporary books, but this one was so good. <3

    ReplyDelete