Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday [5]

Teaser Tuesday 

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading


Stones to Ashes (The Alchemists Academy #1)
by Kailin Gow
Publication Date: 7th January 2011




"He probably should have known better than to insult three boys older than him, but when they had started making fun of his name, picking on him just because they could, it had been only too easy to react angrily.

He had called the leader of the trio a fat slug, and wondered aloud how he managed to walk and talk at the same time without falling over."

~Pg. 2, e-copy of 'Stones to Ashes' by Kailin Gow



Top Ten Books/Authors I am Thankful For


Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
This is going to be a hard one, I'm thankful to all authors for putting themselves out there and sharing their passion with the world! Making it into a top ten is going to be difficult!



1. A Fly Went By by Mike McClintock
This was the first book I learn to read by myself and I can still quote a bit of it if I put my mind to it! I love rhymes and this book was so fun, with gorgeous pictures!


2.  Time For Bed by Mem Fox
This is another children's book, but I just love it to bits! The poetry is so lyrical, this is one of the few books that I love to read aloud, it just sounds so beautiful.



3. The Belgariad Series by David Eddings
David Eddings is one of my favourite authors. I loved fantasy before reading any of his work but after starting The Belgariad Series I fell even more in love with it. He's brilliant at creating worlds and magic, I love his stories, they take me amazing places.

4. A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson
This has been my go to book for a long time now, when I'm in need of some cheering up or I just need a little break from life. It's my happy book.

5. What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles #1) by Kat Zhang
I loved this book! I hadn't been sure about what to read and I think I was starting to fall into a bit of a readers slump, but this book changed that. I'm not sure what it was about this book but it had something I needed and I really liked it.

6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
This book was beautiful to read. It was slow and not much happened but the writing was gorgeous and the descriptions were perfect. It puts across a haunting, beautiful atmosphere which I really enjoyed.



7. The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich
This series is fun! It's silly and funny and makes for a really enjoyable read. Most of the books I read have a more serious nature so it was fun to read something that had me laughing. A lot.

8. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
So many kids my age grew up with these books, loving them, and I'm no exception. These books were as massive part of my childhood and I love 'em!

9. The Inkworld Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
Inkheart was one of the first books that inspired me to write! The idea of living inside a story was a fantastical, amazing idea and wanted to write so I could lose myself in a story. This series was magical.

10. The Famous Five Series by Enid Blyton
I love Enid Blyton. In primary school I used to walk into class with my nose stuck between the pages of her books, especially the famous five. Her books
were a big part of my childhood and I love them!

14 comments:

  1. I loved the Famous Five series! Between those, Nancy Drew, and the Boxcar Children I never ran out of mysteries :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Trixie Belden too, and funnily enough I was really into Agatha Christie when I was younger. I loved mysteries!

      Delete
  2. Interesting teaser but, unless he is big and knows how to fight, he could be in trouble. My teasers this week are from Griffin's Storm by Darby Karchut and Running Wild by Linda Howard and Linda Jones. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were my thoughts exactly. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. I just discovered Enid Blyton a few years ago....I wish I'd found her when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The famous five were my best friends when I was young!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard about this book but great teaser! :D

    Here are my teasers!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mem Fox. Time for Bed is a book I use often in storytime. I love the illustrations as well. I think Mem Fox also wrote The Magic Hat. That is another good one.

    I listed Janet Evanovich as well. I love how fun the Stephanie Plum series is. Her characterization is fantastic.

    Heck yeah HP. I will never ever get sick of people showing their HP love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book to read out loud and the pictures are just gorgeous.

      It is a great series, so much fun!

      Harry Potter is an amazing series, and for many people it was their childhood. I love it!

      Delete
  6. Like your teaser! Happy Thanksgiving, here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesday-teasers_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am stunned that The Night Circus is not on more lists. I am rereading it right now. It is one on my few perfect reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing book, I fell head-over-heels in love with it.

      Delete