Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Top Ten Tuesday [4]

This weeks top ten list is a freebie so it can be anything you decided. So...
Top Ten Books With Gorgeous Covers That I Have Read & Enjoyed

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


1. The Iron King (Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa
I haven't quite finished this series, still on The Iron Knight, but I really love it! The idea of the 'Iron Fey' is really cool and the characters are totally drool worthy (especially Ash!).

2. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter ~my review
This book was great and I loved the zombies. I've never been a big fan of zombie books but I love these spirit-eating zombies!

3. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #1) by Rachel Harris ~my review
I loved this book. I really like historical romances and having time travel thrown in is amazing and that's not even mentioning Renaissance Italy or the sexy Italian man.. *drools*

4. Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver
I really liked this book but I haven't read the next few as I heard the second book had a major cliffhanger and I thought it best to wait until there was an ending so I didn't have to stress over what was going to happen!



5. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I recently won this book and I hadn't seen this cover before but I really like it. This book is amazingness and I love Melina Marchetta, she is a genius!

6. Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings #1) by Jackson Pearce
I've got the second Fairytale Retellings book here, Sweetly, but I haven't got around to reading it yet, though i'm quite excited too because I thought Sisters Red was great!

7. Fateful by Claudia Gray
I heard this was about the Titanic and I thought that sounds really cool I should read it! Then I prepared myself for some tragical-sadness. It was a really cool book, who doesn't want to read about werewolves on a ship headed to ruin? It was sad in places, as you'd expect but I enjoyed it.

8. Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1) by Melissa Marr
It was my mother who told me about these books (yes, she's that cool!) and they really good. I love fairies/fey so I'm happy to have them in my books and I really love the covers of these; very fey, very pretty.




9. Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare
I really loved the Mortal Instruments, though I'm waiting 'til the last book comes out before I start on book 4 & 5, and I really love this series too! I am super excited for the last book to come out and think the cover is really pretty!

10. Northern Lights (His Dark Materials #1) by Philip Pullman
Last but golly-gosh by no means least, we have Northern Lights. I live Philip Pullman and his 'His Dark Materials' trilogy is one of my favourite series, love it to bits!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, I haven't read any of these except Nothern Lights! I agree the cover is beautiful for it though. I own a copy of The Clockwork Prince and I too am in love with the cover (and anxious to read it!) The Iron King & Wicked Lovely are both on my reading list, and both are just gorgeous covers...especially Wicked Lovely ♥ Great choices, thanks for sharing! Old follower, here's my TTT

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all really good at least from what I remember. The Iron Fey series is really good as is Wicked Lovely! I loved the Infernal Devices series but now I'm super anxious for the last book! Hope you enjoy your books when you read them! :)

      Delete
  2. The iron fey and Sisters red are really good books! And I can't wait to read Alice in Zombieland. Great list.

    TTT@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are and Alice in Zombieland is really good too! I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with Delirium and Wicked Lovely - gorgeous covers and wonderful stories.
    Top Ten Tuesday @ the Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! I just got The Iron King in this week. Definitely looking forward to it. Most of the rest of these are on my TBR list.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Iron Fey series is great! :)

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love the covers! The ones I have also read, I agree, love them! :)New follower!

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try not to, but I can't pass up a gorgeous cover, they just call to me!

      Delete