Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday [7]



Teaser Tuesday

Hosted by MizB at Should be Reading

Stones to Ashes (The Alchemists Academy #1)
by Kailin Gow
Publication Date: 7th January 2011

“It must be hard, being stranded here,” Alana said.
Wirt shut his eyes. “I don’t really think about it.”
“Liar.” '

~at 59%, e-copy of 'Stones to Ashes' by Kailin Gow


Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me
Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
So this weeks list is 'Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me'. I may have cheated a little bit here, counting series as just the one book, but I couldn't possibly choose just 10! Anyway, here's my list:




1. Clockwork Angel / Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #1 & #2) by Cassandra Clare
I've read these books and loved them, but I don't yet own them and I'd love to!

2. Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead
I use to have this book and I have all the others in the series but I can't find Blood Promise anywhere! VA is one of my favourite series and I would love to have all the books again.





3. The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa
Loved The Iron Fey series and am really excited to read this! Would not at all mind a copy of this waiting for me under the Christmas tree.

4. Oblivion (The Gatekeepers #5) by Anthony Horowitz
I've been waiting years for this book to come out and now it has I want it! Unfortunately the cover isn't really very matchy (at all!) with my other covers but I suppose I can forgive that as long as I get to read this soon!

5. A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle #1) by Libba Bray
I've only read one other book by Libba Bray, Beauty Queens, but it was so different and amazing that I just have to read more by her!




6. Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings #3) by Jackson Pearce
I've read Sisters Red and own Sweetly, so adding this book to my collection would be awesome!

7. Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
I own and have read the first three books in this series and would like to finish it off with book four.

8. Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5) by Ally Carter
Own the first four books and quite enjoyed them. Things were really starting to get interesting in the last couple of books so I'm looking forward to the rest of this series.




9. Torn / Ascend (Trylle #2 & #3) by Amanda Hocking
I bought the first book a while ago but didn't want to start it until I'd got the next two just so I didn't add to my pile of yet-to-finish series.

10. If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
I've heard really good things about this book/series and I would love to try it out!

7 comments:

  1. Be prepared to cry if you read If I stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noce list! :)

    I already finished reading the whole Vampire Academy series and I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAPTURE! That's a book I meant to put on my list. I've got to know what happens to Daniel and Luce.

    Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been sitting on the Vampire Academy books for a while now. I really need to read them finally!

    How are you liking Stones to Ashes? I've only read one Kailin Gow book, Wicked Woods, and it was just okay for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stones to Ashes was good, it was a younger style of book in my opinion and could've been better but overall I quite enjoyed it.

      And VA is amazing! I could not put them down!

      Delete
  5. If you liked Beauty Queens, check out Libba Bray's newest book The Diviners! I loved, loved, loved it! Nice list -- I hope you get what you're wishing for!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about The Diviners! I really want to read it!

      Delete