Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Top Ten Tuesday [10]

Top Ten Books I Need to Read in 2013

 
Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
This week is a Top Ten Tuesday Freebie, so everyone to busy with Christmas won't miss out on anything! So I decided to make my list ' Top Ten Books I Need to Read in 2013. There are a lot of books I've meant to read this year, but I just haven't found the time to read them. Some of them are fairly new releases, others have been sitting in my TBR pile for a year or more. I'm equally excited to read all of them and I thought putting them in a post would be a good incentive for me to make time for them! 



      

1. Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
I've had this book sitting in my e-reader since it first came out and since I recently got a paperback copy and keep hearing brilliant things, I think I definitely have to start reading it!

2. Slated (Slated #1) by Teri Terry
I won a signed copy of this from one of the side-challenges in the YA Scavenger Hunt. I really wanted to read it before I won it and now I've had it sitting on my shelf for months and haven't even got close to reading it! I'm definitely making time for this next year!

3.  The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
I've really wanted to read more by Libba Bray ever since I read Beauty Queens earlier this year and I was so excited when I unwrapped this amazing book this morning. It's a Christmas present from my amazing boyfriend and I cannot wait to read it, he wants to borrow it from me after I finish too!



         

4. The Book of Blood & Shadow by Robin Wasserman
I got this book on sale and had no idea what it was about, I still don't know (I don't  really like reading blurbs) but it looks cool and, from what little I've seen, it sounds cool so I'd really like to read it!

5. Mystic City (Mystic City #1) by Theo Lawrence
Another book my brilliant man got me, one I really want to read! I just love the cover and it sounds so cool! I have no idea why I haven't read it yet so I had to put on this list!

6. Shift by Em Bailey
I bought this book last year and it's been sitting on my shelf, dejected, ever since. I think I must read it next year because I want to and I need to stop putting it off!

7. Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott
I got this book a few months ago and thought it sounded good. I'm trying to read more standalone books because I keep getting hooked on unfinished series' and the wait kills me!



      


8. The Mourning Emporium (The Undrowned Child #2) by Michelle Lovric
I really liked The Undrowned Child and the covers are just gorgeous! So I went out and bought this book but I have yet to read it. It's got to be one for next year!

9. The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead
I haven't wanted to read this book even though I loved Bloodlines and VA because I wanted to wait until the next book came out so I could go on a Richelle Mead book-binge. Since book #3 is coming out next year I have to read The Golden Lily book in time for it!

10. A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix
I'm quite fond of Garth Nix and I did start reading the first page of this book but then other things got in the way and I didn't get to read any more. I'm looking forward to getting back to it next year.



That's my last list for 2012 so I suppose all I can do now is wish you all a Merry Christmas, a great New Year and I look forward to 2013! So..

Merry Christmas
&
Have a Fantastical New Year

Bring on 2013!

4 comments:

  1. I still need to read Shatter Me, I've heard so many good things about it! :) Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday list: Top Ten Catchiest Book Titles:
    http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/25/catchiest-titles/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my Christmas presents from my family was an amazon gift card, and the first thing I bought with it was a paperback copy of Shatter Me(I tried the free sample on my kindle, but it was apparent that it was one of those books that wouldn't really work for an e-reader). I have a feeling it'll probably be my first read of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slated and Shadows on the Moon are sooo good. You HAVE to read them :)

    Happy Holidays!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete