Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Top Ten Tuesday [8]


Top Ten Favourite New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2012

Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

1. Gena Showalter
I read Alice in Zombieland earlier in the year and thought it was great and I'm really excited to read more by her! 

2. Libba Bray
Earlier in the year I read Beauty Queens and the book was so weird and fantastic - I loved it! I've been wanting to read more by Libba Bray especially The Diviners, really hoping for it to be a Christmas present this year! 

3. Kat Zhang
I'm not sure if it was just the type of book I needed at that particular time but when I read What's Left of Me I fell in love! It was the perfect book, just what I needed, looking forward to the next installment!

 4. Lauren Oliver
Oh my gosh I loved Delirium and am so glad I picked up this book! I really want to finish the Delirium series and read more of Lauren's other books. 

5. Katie McGarry
Pushing the Limits is one of the best YA contemporary's I've read. I'm really looking forward to reading Dare You To and seeing what else Katie has planned! 

6. Erin Morgenstreern 
I loved the lyrical writing and the gorgeous atmosphere of The Night Circus. I'm really excited I picked up this book. 

7. Cindi Madsen
I won a copy of Demons of the Sun and loved it, especially the Greek Mythology surrounding the story.  

8. Rachel Harris
I really loved My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century and am ecstatic that I won a signed copy from Rachel Harris. I'm especially looking forward to the next book in the series because it focuses on one of my favourite characters! 

9. Geraldine Brooks
My boyfriend recommended Caleb's Crossing to me and I really enjoyed it. I'd never heard of Geraldine Brooks before and though it's not something I would've normally picked up, I'm glad I did. 

10. Mary Hooper
I borrowed Fallen Grace from a friend and thought it was really good. I love historical fiction and I'd love to read more by Mary Hooper.


6 comments:

  1. Katie McGarry...OH YEAH!!! She's at the top of my list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blown away by Pushing the Limits, it was great!

      Delete
  2. I still need to read Lauren Oliver's books! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I loved the concept for Delirium and she did such a good job with carrying it out. It was brlliant!

      Delete
  3. Interesting list! I've only read Oliver & Morgentsern's The Night Circus - which I loved! I'll have to check out books by a few of the other authors you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed by the quality of the books I've read this year, they've been great!

      Delete