Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Top Ten Tuesday [9]

Top Ten Books I Read in 2012

Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

I haven't read as many books this year as I have other years, so this list wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I still struggled to find a top ten.


        
1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
 I was so surprised by this book! I'd never read anything by Libba Bray and when I picked this up I thought it sounded pretty cool, I didn't expect to be so good! It was so different from most things I read, it was strange and weird and absolutely brilliant!

2. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
I won a signed copy of this book about which I'm thrilled because it was so good. Reading about Italy in both the renaissance and modern day was fantastic and I would love to visit there one day. The characters were amazing and I was so pleased I read this book!

3. Demons of the Sun by Cindi Madsen
I won this book as well and was super excited to learn it was about Greek Mythology. The story was great though somethings I could see coming a mile away but I really, really enjoyed this book. It helped that the male lead was sexy as hell!


      

4. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
I can't believe I'd never heard of Gena Showalter before because this book was fantastic! Everytime I mention this book I always bring up the zombies because I just loved them! I had yet to read a zombie book I really liked but this book just blew me away. I'm really looking forward to reading more Alice, more Gena and more zombie!

5.  What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
This book was just what I needed. At the time that I read this book was absolutely perfect and it's amazing story really drew me in. I didn't put it down until I was finished.

6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I loved the poetry of this book. It was just beautiful to read and it really caught me with it's lyrical writring. 

7. The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
I  bought The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight last year sometime but could not find The Iron Daughter anywhere! I finally found it early this year and was so excited I immediately began to gobble it down! Julie Kagwa is brilliant and I love this series.


      

8. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I read this not so long ago and it immediately became one of my favourite YA Contemporary books. The story and characters are amazing and I'm so pleased I picked this up!

9. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I didn't want to read this book because the series wasn't finished and when I started The Mortal Instruments series I only had the first two books but became so hooked that I forced my Nan to take me to the bookstore so I could buy the third one straight away! I was worried the same thing would happen with this series, and it did! But unfortunately I can't run down to the store and grab the third book because it's not out yet! *major sadface* Anyway, i completely loved the book and can't wait to read Clockwork Princess.

10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Last but by no means least, we have Delirium. I loved this book and the characters so much that at the end I had to stop reading because I was blinded by my tears. I'm not joking, I'm terrible with books and movies even a hint of sadness will set me off the edge, a lot of sadness leaves me bawling my eyes out. I haven't read Pandemonium yet because I'm not sure my heart could take it. I'm waiting until Requiem comes out before throwing myself into that emotional rollercoaster.

8 comments:

  1. I love Delirium! Lauren Oliveer is one of my all time favourite authors. Her writing is fantastic, and kind of makes me want to cry when I think about it. I'm so excited for Requiem!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome top 10! The Night Circus is on my list, too...and I can't wait to read Delirium, What's Left of Me, and Pushing the Limits!

    My top ten: Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Night Circus so much. It was one of my favorites last year. Delirium is one of my favorite books...ever! Great list.

    My Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LaurenO is a YA author I should really try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pushing the Limits seriously blew my mind when I read it. Awesome work of contemporary with a great cast of characters.

    I didn't read them this year but I agree with you on the amazingness of Clockwork Angel, The Iron Daughter and Beauty Queens. :]

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century looks like a really fun book! :) Here’s my TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/top-books/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen so many people add The Night Circus to their list. I really should read that book. We have a couple of the same books on our lists. I have also heard good things about Beauty Queens. It sounds hysterical.

    Happy Reading,

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Beauty Queens and the Night Circus! Awesome list

    ReplyDelete