Sunday, 20 January 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [8]


Okay.. I'm sorry but yet again I'm changing this post. I had an epiphany the other night and decided what I wanted to do with this to make it more enjoyable for me and everyone else! So this is again going to be a weekly post but I'm also going to make it my very own meme! Starting next week I'll have a proper introduction post worked out and a linky list so that if anyone wants to join in, they can! I hope you enjoy my post and stop by next week!

I shall showcase one book each week that has a cover I just fell in love with. I'll point out a few of my favourite features and tell you what conclusions I drew from the cover. I'll also give a little insight into what I thought of the book; not a review, just a few short sentences. Enjoy!

The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern
Publication Date: 13th September 2011



Why it Caught My Eye:

The colours definitely drew me in! I love black and white and with that splash of red thrown in, I was left drooling!
I also love the hand in the first cover (I have this thing for drawing hands, I just think they're gorgeous!) I also really liked the detail to the circus. The swirls and font used were also perfect.
In the second cover I just adore the man and woman silhouettes. The little spots of detail are amazing and it's the first thing that draws my eye.
I honestly have no idea which of the covers I prefer, I love them both equally!


Favourite Feature:
The colour scheme. Definitely. But my favourite feature from each cover would be: The Hand (from the first cover) and The Details on the Woman's Dress (in the second cover).


What I Guessed About the Book:
Well I couldn't really pick up any hints for the story from the first cover, except that there was a circus that was presumably active at night time. The hand is a lovely addition to the cover but it didn't really give me any hints.
On the second cover however, I could do some more speculating. Again there was the circus of the night, but there were also the figures I could draw a few conclusions about. They, of course, had to be in love,they're both turned to face each other and there's a red scarf (red for love) running between them both, joining them together. I couldn't get much more but as there were two birds also on the cover, I assumed they played some part in the story.


The After Opinion:
I was in love with the book when I saw the cover, then fell in love again on the first page, then when I had finally read all there was to read I fell in love again! This book had such beautiful language, that fit so well with the gorgeous swirls and colours of the cover. I loved everything about this book!

1 comment:

  1. The cover is what drew me to the first book too! It just looked like it belonged on my pretty bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete