Sunday, 27 January 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [9]


So I've been running this for a while and I've been constantly changing it, but now I've decided what I'm doing and I'd love for you guys to join me! There are heaps of different memes about, I do quite a few of them here like Waiting on Wednesday and Stacking the Shelves, etc.. but I also wanted to do something that was my own and that's how this came about. I don't actually judge a book solely on it's cover I've read many a bad book with a gorgeous cover and many great books with very plain, boring covers, so I'm not a total cover snob, but I do appreciate a nice cover. This is just a simple, fun post showcasing some of the covers we love.

What's this all about?

I'm not sure how many of you will be interested in this but I love it and if you want to join me I'd be thrilled! Each Sunday I'll be posting my own Judging a Book by It's Cover post where I'll showcase one book and giving a bit of love to its cover(s).

How to join in?

Being a part is really easy. All you're required to do is make a post like this one, showcasing a cover you love, giving your views on the cover and book. You don't have to have read the book but if you have you can include the general feel of the book ('The After Opinion'). You can post any time throughout the week, I've made my post on Sunday because it fit better with my schedule, but if you have a preferred day then that's fine! You can make up your own questions too but please try to include at least one of mine. You can include my meme graphic or make your own, but make sure to link back to my blog and add your post link below. (If the Linky tool isnt working then please leave your link in the comments, I'm away this weekend so won't be able to fix anything up until then.) If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and most of all.. have fun!



Within
by Clare C. Marshall
Publication Date: 13th November 2011



Why it Caught My Eye:

It's hauntingly beautiful. The colours are pretty but somewhat dark, the same with the girl, she's pretty and her dress is such a pure white, but her expression.. she looks haunted. All-in-all it's very lovely but very creepy and that really intrigued me.

Favourite Feature:
The leaves and the twisting; of the hair, the leaves and the title.

What I Guessed About the Book:
Something dark was going on, I could really feel that from the cover. I wasn't sure whether the girl was good or bad, but I knew something was wrong with her. Seeing all that white in her eyes gave me a feeling of possession, that something had taken hold of this eerie, beautiful girl..

The After Opinion:
I really liked this book. It was just a gorgeous and haunting as I'd thought and I loved how well the cover fit in with the story. It was a fluffy read, but it was an enchanting ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment