Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [13]

Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of (in Books)

 
Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

1. Deserted Islands
At least, an almost deserted island.. *winks*

2. Parallel Worlds
Running into another version of yourself, or even not running into yourself. I always find parallel worlds interesting and fun!

3. Space
On other planets or just exploring/journeying out amongst the stars.

4. A Room
By this I mean the whole book set inside one room. A bedroom, bathroom, hospital room.. doesn't matter but I think a one-room story would be very interesting!

5. Child's Imaginary World
This world can either be a 'real' world or just something that the child believes to be real, but I think it would be fun to explore; either through the child's mind or someone who enter's into that world - maybe a few different POV's.

6. A Tree House
The whole story doesn't need to be set in a tree house but I think basing a book around one would be cool. I love tree houses!

7. Underwater
I don't just mean a mermaid book with a MC who spends a lot of time on land, I want a completely under the sea adventure!

8. A Floating City
Who doesn't want to read about a city that exists in the sky, just floating about here-and-there, hidden amongst the clouds!

9. A Mythology Setting
I love mythology and history so more books that incorporte that would be great!

10. A Fairytale Setting
Fairytales are one of my greatest loves and I know that there are many books being written as variations of them, but I still want more! Maybe a few of the lesser known fairy tales, some of the very short ones, would be fun to expand upon!



All this 'setting' brainstorming has given me a lot of ideas. I think I might have to set pen to paper and work on creating a few of these ideas!

8 comments:

  1. A great one for the Child's imaginary world is Pingo by Brandon Mull!!! It is quite an adorable story.

    And I full agree with 10. I just can't get enough Fairytales!

    Konstanz Silverbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pingo looks gorgeous! Very cute. :)

    They are classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! A child's imaginery world is a great idea. And I'm with you on the fairy tale front.
    Although it deviates slightly from just a room, Room by Emma Donoghue is a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I listed Space too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairy Tale Land is on my list too (next month, I'm having Fairy Tale February on my blog); and floating cities and tree houses sound like fantastic settings! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/settings/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a treehouse setting would be awesome! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm parallel worlds is a good picture! Haven't seen that one but could definitely be interesting!!

    our TTT

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  8. One room? That would be interesting reading.

    ReplyDelete