Sunday, 3 February 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [10]


So I've been running this for a while and I've been constantly changing it, but now I've decided what I'm doing and I'd love for you guys to join me! There are heaps of different memes about, I do quite a few of them here like Waiting on Wednesday and Stacking the Shelves, etc.. but I also wanted to do something that was my own and that's how this came about. I don't actually judge a book solely on it's cover, I've read many a bad book with a gorgeous cover and many great books with very plain, boring covers, so I'm not a total cover snob, but I do appreciate a nice cover. This is just a simple, fun post showcasing some of the covers we love and what we love about them!

What's this all about?

I'm not sure how many of you will be interested in this but I love it and if you want to join me I'd be thrilled! Each Sunday I'll be posting my own Judging a Book by It's Cover post where I'll showcase one book and giving a bit of love to its cover(s). I won't trash books, this is supposed to be a fun happy thing, so please keep that in mind!

How to join in?

Being a part is really easy. All you're required to do is make a post like this one, showcasing a cover you love, giving your views on the cover and book. You don't have to have read the book but if you have you can include the general feel of the book ('The After Opinion'). You can post any time throughout the week, I've made my post on Sunday because it fit better with my schedule, but if you have a preferred day then that's fine! You can make up your own questions too but please try to include at least one of mine and please don't trash books - just showcase things you enjoyed! You can include my meme graphic or make your own, but make sure to link back to my blog and add your post link in the comments below. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and most of all.. have fun!




What's Left of Me
(The Hybrid Chronicles #1)
by Kat Zhang
Publication Date: 18th September 2012


Why it Caught My Eye:
I think the first thing I noticed was the lack of colouring. I mean, there's a few colours splashed about, but nothing solid or vivid. The next thing that caught my eye was the girl - or what's left of the girl - as she's being taken over by the grey.

Favourite Feature:
I love eyes. I love drawing them and looking at them, I just think they're gorgeous! But that's just a personal obsession of mine so if we put that aside then I think my next favourite thing would be the colouring of the girl. The subtle changing of colour from red to green is just beautiful.

What I Guessed About the Book:
Well both the title and the cover give the same sort of feeling/idea. Something big has happened to the girl and she's only barely hanging on, whether physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.. we're not entirely sure what part of her is missing/lost/disappearing but we do know something's afoot!

The After Opinion:
I loved this book! It probably wasn't exceptionally brilliant but it was just the right book for me and I loved it. The cover is gorgeous and the title and cover that fit so well together also fit beautifully with the book! All-in-all it's just great!

2 comments:

  1. This is fun idea. I might join in down the line when I'm not weighed down by so many reviews.

    ReplyDelete