Sunday, 17 February 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [12]




So I've been running this for a while and I've been constantly changing it, but now I've decided what I'm doing and I'd love for you guys to join me! There are heaps of different memes about, I do quite a few of them here like Waiting on Wednesday and Stacking the Shelves, etc.. but I also wanted to do something that was my own and that's how this came about. I don't actually judge a book solely on it's cover, I've read many a bad book with a gorgeous cover and many great books with very plain, boring covers, so I'm not a total cover snob, but I do appreciate a nice cover. This is just a simple, fun post showcasing some of the covers we love and what we love about them! If you want to join in just create your own post and leave a link to it in the comments below!


A Cast of Stones
(The Staff & the Sword #1)
by Patrick W. Carr
Publication Date: 1st Feb 2013


Why it Caught My Eye:
I love fantasy and this book just screamed fantasy to me. The green tones are eerie but very cool and work very well with the clouds. I really like the detail in the castle and I think the font goes very well with everything.

Favourite Feature:
Hmm.. the castle, I think. I like the clouds but the castle is just too pretty.

What I Guessed About the Book:
It was fantasy, so I guessed it involved some sort of quest. A castle made me think that royalty would come into play somehow and some part would take place in a castle. I wasn't sure what the round orbs were, my first thought was dragon eggs because I couldn't think what else they could be.

The After Opinion:
I recently read this for a blog tour and I loved it! I thought the cover did an excellent job of expressing the fantasy feel and other elements of the book!

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or to the clouds look like a face. It's creepy, and now it's all I can see looking at the cover.

    ReplyDelete