Sunday, 24 February 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [13]


So I've been running this for a while and I've been constantly changing it, but now I've decided what I'm doing and I'd love for you guys to join me! There are heaps of different memes about, I do quite a few of them here like Waiting on Wednesday and Stacking the Shelves, etc.. but I also wanted to do something that was my own and that's how this came about. I don't actually judge a book solely on it's cover, I've read many a bad book with a gorgeous cover and many great books with very plain, boring covers, so I'm not a total cover snob, but I do appreciate a nice cover. This is just a simple, fun post showcasing some of the covers we love and what we love about them! If you want to join in just create your own post and leave a link to it in the comments below!


Cinder
(The Lunar Chronicles #1)
by Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: 3rd Jan 2012


Why it Caught My Eye:
I have a deep, undying love for fairytales and at a first glance, with the title and the red, glass slipper, you get a definite 'Cinderella' vibe. I also love the colourings (the deeper, blueish tones with that splash of red in the middle) and the font used for the title. It's a very pretty cover!

Favourite Feature:
The glass slipper. It's red which really stands out from the rest of the cover, and you can see the foot through it which looks really, really, amazingly cool!

What I Guessed About the Book:
Well I guessed that it would follow the Cinderella story line but whether loosely or closely I wasn't sure. The red slipper is obviously different to the original but it looks absolutely gorgeous and red is a strong colour which makes me think of a strong, brave, ferocious heroine.
At first I thought the silver shadows in her legs were bones but on closer inspection I realised they were gears, cogs and other bits of metal, so obviously this girl is not quite, or not entirely human.
I know a lot of you have read this book so I what I'm saying is probably a bit 'well, duh' but I only just bought this book and haven't gotten around to reading it yet, so all these discoveries are new and exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I think the cover for Cinder is very intriguing. I hope I get round to reading it soon myself.

    ReplyDelete