Tuesday, 5 February 2013

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead - Early Review

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead

Title: The Indigo Spell

Series: Bloodlines #3

Author: Richelle Mead

To Be Published: 12th February 2013 by Razorbill


Source: E-Copy from NetGalley for an honest review




Synopsis:

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.



Book Links
Goodreads



My Review

*This is the third book in the series and contain spoilers from previous books.

I cannot express in words my excitement to receive an advanced e-copy of The Indigo Spell, but if I did try to put it in words it would probably read something like this: Adsjavaksrvarrdarrghmiigoooshhadsvragajstruv!! Okay, moving along now..

Richelle Mead is a brilliant author, she doesn't need to have fantastic, on-the-edge of your seat plots (though she does) to make her writing gorgeous and captivating. Her hidden worlds, such as the vampires and witches, are crafted in a way to seem both normal and magical and her characters have so much depth and grow in such a normal (wonderful) way, they almost seem real.

I loved the magic/witch elemented that was first introduced in the later part of Bloodlines. It was one of the main focuses of this book and I loved the opportunity to explore it on a deeper level. I also liked Sydney's slow change to accept that magic was a necessary evil in some cases, and then later on starting to accept that maybe it wasn't as evil as she'd thought.

Adrian has developed so much as a character since VA and I love him for it! He is so much more mature and dependant, less of the sulky rich-boy I thought he was and more of the man he's to become. I love his relationship with Sydney (who doesn't!) and without giving too much away, I can assure that the kiss at the end of The Golden Lily is most definitely not the last!

I loved every part of this book but Richelle , what's with those endings?! Are you trying to torture us?! Just as everything gets resolved (well mostly) another road block is thrown in the way and everytime I'm left begging - no, screaming - for more!

The Indigo Spell was filled with the usual characters we know and love plus some new players entered the game - such as Marcus Finch. I suppose the book is a little predictable in places but honestly, I get so caught up in the story I don't have room to speculate, my mind's to busy soaking up the goodness! This book hasn't even been released yet and I'm already begging for the next one; bring on book four!

5/5 Whales


1 comment:

  1. I just checked this out from the library. Can't wait to read it. I love Adrian!

    ReplyDelete