Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [14]

Top Ten Favourite Romances

 
Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish



      

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
It's a classic and it also happens to be one of my favourite novels of all time. Oh Mr. Darcy, I just can't get enough of you!

2. A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson
This book has been on a lot of my 'top ten' lists, but that's because I love it so much! Eva Ibbotson has written several books with the same basic plot outline but this book is my favourite and I read it every now and again because it makes me feel good.

3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
This is not a light, fluffy book. The characters are complex and flawed and their relationship is just crazy, but I love it to bits and could not stop reading about them.



      

4. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Melina Marhcetta is brilliant, she's great at creating real worlds and real characters with real relationships. I love all her books but this is one of my favourite's and I love the relationship, though it's not all puppy dogs and roses.

5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The relationship in this isn't the most brilliantly crafted thing ever but the writing is magical and it just oozes romance. I could open this book up to any page and whatever I read would make me feel very passionate and fill me with love.

6. His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman
Young, innocent love at it's finest. There are lots of different kinds of relationships in this book and they're all unique and absolutely gorgeous. Some make me laugh, some make me cry, some make me scream in anger but I love them all. This is in my top books/series of all time and to me everything about this book is magical and emotional and filled with wonder.


I know that's not quite ten but they're all just so absolutely perfect and I can't think of anything else to go on this list. I love all these books so much and all the different emotions that slowly sifted through my body or thundered erratically from one feeling to the next made these some of the most wonderfully romantic, passionate, fierce, soft, gentle, loving books I've read.

3 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice, as well as The Night Circus made it on to my list this week.
    I have only read the first book in Philip Pullman's series, so I have yet to experience all of the possible relationships I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jellicoe Road also made it to my list. I love, love, love this book!!! It makes me SO happy.

    Great list.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, but I've heard a lot about the romance in Pushing the Limits. I really need to get to reading it!
    New follower!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete