Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [21]

Hosted by Breaking the Spine


Quicksilver
(Ultraviolet #2)
by R. J. Anderson
Expected Publication: 2nd May 2013

From Goodreads:

Back in her hometown, Tori Beaugrand had everything a teenaged girl could want—popularity, money, beauty. But she also had a secret. A secret that could change her life in an instant, or destroy it.


Now she’s left everything from her old life behind, including her real name and Alison, the one friend who truly understood her. She can’t escape who and what she is. But if she wants to have anything like a normal life, she has to blend in and hide her unusual... talents.

Plans change when the enigmatic Sebastian Faraday reappears and gives Tori some bad news: she hasn’t escaped her past. In fact, she’s attracted new interest in the form of an obsessed ex-cop turned investigator for a genetics lab.

She has one last shot at getting her enemies off her trail and winning the security and independence she’s always longed for. But saving herself will take every ounce of Tori’s incredible electronics and engineering skills—and even then, she may need to sacrifice more than she could possibly imagine if she wants to be free.


I liked the first book in the series (shall have to re-read it before this book comes out!) and would like to read more as I was still left with so many questions at the end.

7 comments:

  1. I agree that the first book was left with many question. I also felt like the genre jump alienated me a little bit too much for me to feel comfortable reading the sequel though :$

    But I absolutely love that cover!

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read book one and I haven't even heard of either one but I'll have to look into it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this from NetGalley a few weeks ago and I can't wait to read it! Nice choice :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the first book, but this does pique my interest. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this one. If you loved the first story you'll definitely enjoy this one. Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Ultraviolet but I guess I'm going to have to so I can read the sequel. Nice choice. Please check out my WoW!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete