Sunday, 3 March 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [14]


So I've been running this for a while and I've been constantly changing it, but now I've decided what I'm doing and I'd love for you guys to join me! There are heaps of different memes about, I do quite a few of them here like Waiting on Wednesday and Stacking the Shelves, etc.. but I also wanted to do something that was my own and that's how this came about. I don't actually judge a book solely on it's cover, I've read many a bad book with a gorgeous cover and many great books with very plain, boring covers, so I'm not a total cover snob, but I do appreciate a nice cover. This is just a simple, fun post showcasing some of the covers we love and what we love about them! If you want to join in just create your own post and leave a link to it in the comments below!


The Nightmare Affair
(The Arkwell Academy #1)
by Mindee Arnett
Publication Date: 5th March 2013


Why it Caught My Eye:
The only colours are purple, black, and white - which looks absolutely fabulous! And even with such a small range of colours, the cover looks both eerie and elegant and there's a lot of great detail!

Favourite Feature:
The girl and the bird. I like the contrast between them, one black and one white. Also the bird being the only thing other than the title/author in white, really grabs my attention and makes me wonder 'why?'.

What I Guessed About the Book:
There was a girl, a graveyard, and a big bird involved. I couldn't figure out a way that they'd all be connected so this book left much to the imagination!

The After Opinion:
I am so glad I received an advanced copy of this book - it was so good! The girl, the bird and the graveyard were all key points in the book and the cover goes really well with the darker and lighter elements of the book.

2 comments:

  1. Fun idea for a meme! I love covers. This one is good, the colors are great and it's simple, which I'm a fan of in covers. From everything I heard this will be a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love simple covers too! Simple shapes, simple colours and simple font. It makes covers look very elegant, I believe. :)

      And I really enjoyed the book!

      Delete