Sunday, 24 March 2013

Judging a Book by It's Cover [16]



There are heaps of different memes about, and I do quite a few of them here but I also wanted to do something that was my own and that's how this came about. I don't actually judge a book solely on it's cover, I've read many a bad book with a gorgeous cover and vice versa, so I'm not a total cover snob, but I do appreciate a nice cover. This is just a simple, fun post showcasing some of the covers we love and what we love about them! If you want to join in just create your own post and leave a link to it in the comments below!


Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
Beautiful Creatures
(The Caster Chronicles #1)
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Publication Date: 1st December 2009


Why it Caught My Eye:
From a distance the cover looks almost completely black except for the title and authors. It isn't until you look closer that you start to notice the background. The path between the trees and grass and dirt, leading to somewhere but you don't know where. It gives off an eerie vibe just from that, but when you add in the look of the trees, the texture and feeling and shape, it adds to that vibe so much more. It's a great cover!

Favourite Feature:
The title font. It's so different from the background yet it still somehow fits - it's gorgeous!

What I Guessed About the Book:
Well not a whole lot really. From the title I got that there's be some paranormal element and I go an eerie vibe from the cover but other than that nothing. Trees don't give much away.

The After Opinion:
There was eerie-ness involved and paranormal-ness, as well as a tree-lined path. I really enjoyed the novel and thought the cover didn't a good job of portraying it without giving much away. The Caster Chronicles has gorgeous covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment