Saturday, 25 May 2013

Dare You To by Katie McGarry - Early Review

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)Title: Dare You To

Series: Pushing the Limits #2

Author: Katie McGarry

Expected Publication: 7th June 2013 by Mira Ink (28th May 2013 by Harlequin Teen)


Source: E-copy from NetGalley for an honest review




Synopsis:

Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....



Book Links
Goodreads


My Review

And Katie McGarry does it again! I was blown away when I read Pushing the Limits last year and from the standard of that I was expecting quite a lot from Dare You To.. In no way was I disappointed! This book was just as raw and emotional as the first with same amazing intensity as I've come to associate with Katie McGarry.

This story focused on Beth, one of the minor characters from Pushing the Limits. I never really felt anything warm for her in Pushing the Limits. I was sad about her home life and how she'd grown up, but I couldn't really find a way to like her very much as a person. In Dare You To however I felt so much more connected to her and now I really feel the need to read Pushing the Limits again, to see if I completely misread her character!

Ryan was the hunk of man we all fell in love with in this book. He was kind and sweet and funny, not quite as perfect as every seemed to think but who wants someone perfect? Beth would try to run from his feelings again and again, but Ryan wouldn't let her go. He was a very sexy, loving, lovable guy and Beth and Ryan's story was amazing!

As soon as I finished this book I went and got Crossing the Line (which I am very keen to start) and I cannot wait for Isaiah's story, Crash Into You. After reading Dare You To and the scenes with Isaiah in there.. well let's just say I really need his story!

One of my favourite scenes was when Ryan gave Beth a bottle of rain. The whole thing was super corny but I absolutely loved t and thought it was such a gorgeous gesture on Ryan's part! I am over-the-moon I got approved for this title and I absolutely adored every second of it! Katie McGarry is a wonderful author, she spins fantastic tales and uses just the right words for every occasion  I adore her and I adore her books!


5/5 Whales


2 comments: