Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [27]


Hosted by Breaking the Spine


Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles, #2)
Once We Were
(The Hybrid Chronicles #2)
by Kat Zhang
Expected Publication: 17th September 2013

From Goodreads:

Eva was never supposed to have survived this long. As the recessive soul, she should have faded away years ago. Instead, she lingers in the body she shares with her sister soul, Addie. When the government discovered the truth, they tried to “cure” the girls, but Eva and Addie escaped before the doctors could strip Eva’s soul away.

Now fugitives, Eva and Addie find shelter with a group of hybrids who run an underground resistance. Surrounded by others like them, the girls learn how to temporarily disappear to give each soul some much-needed privacy. Eva is thrilled at the chance to be alone with Ryan, the boy she’s falling for, but troubled by the growing chasm between her and Addie. Despite clashes over their shared body, both girls are eager to join the rebellion.

Yet as they are drawn deeper into the escalating violence, they start to wonder: How far are they willing to go to fight for hybrid freedom? Faced with uncertainty and incredible danger, their answers may tear them apart forever.


The first book in this series was Ah-Ma-Zing! (Yep, three whole syllables  that's how much love I have for What's Left of Me). I am so excited for the next book and September cannot come fast enough!! :D

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read What's Left of Me! But I've been dying to. Not only the cover is gorgeous but the synopsis as well! Hope you enjoy this. Thanks for dropping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out this series! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great series -- yet another two books to add to my TBR pile! hah!

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover, how awesome it fits with the last book and how interesting it is to look at. I definitely need to check the series out! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked out What's Left of Me and can't wait to read it (after I finish at least a couple of the handful of books I'm already reading). I've heard great things. I love their covers.
    New follower via GFC. I'd love it if you'd follow back.
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read both of the books! They sound so cool!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read book 1. I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't though.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is something totally up Em's ally. I didn't like the first one so much :-\

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick! I really enjoyed the first book so I cant wait to read this!!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the first book in the series but this one sounds great. I hope you enjoy reading this one when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice! I can't wait for this either,I loved the first book : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I need to get the first series since you all praising the author and also excited for the second book. Hope to get it listed from discounted eBook.

    ReplyDelete