Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [28]

Hosted by Breaking the Spine


Ink (Paper Gods, #1)
Ink
(Paper Gods #1)
by Amanda Sun
Expected Publication: 25th June 2013

From Goodreads:


I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.


On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.



I've been wanting to read this book since I first heard of it, mainly because of the gorgeous cover but also the story sounded really intriguing. I recently got approved for this book on NetGalley and am excited to read it, though I have seen mixed reviews so I'm a little bit worried about how it'll go.. *crosses fingers* I'm still excited though!

4 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the blurb - I hope it turns out to be everything you hope it is:) It's a good choice

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the NG approval. I've been excited for this one, too. Pictures that move! Japan! But, I'm with you, early reviews have been pretty dismal. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I got approved for an eARC of INK too and so far i'm really loving it. There are a few things that make me a bit ify but overall Im enjoying the ride :) Also have u seen the UK cover for INK? Cuz it's BEAUTIFUL TOO! Great WoW pick Myra and i hope you enjoy it!!

    -Much bloggy <3,
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ

    ReplyDelete