Sunday, 4 August 2013

Bait by K.C. Blake Blog Tour - Review

Bait (Order of the Spirit Realm #1) by K.C. Blake

Bait (Order of the Spirit Realm #1)Title: Bait

Series: Order of the Spirit Realm #1

Author: 
K.C. Blake

Published: 16th May 2013


Source: E-copy from the author for an honest review



Ghosts, a reaper, and a rock star.

At sixteen Bay-Lee is not your typical girl. She doesn't even try to fit in at school. What's the point when she'll be moving to a new place within a few months?
She's lived her whole life on the run, hiding from monsters.

Then a reaper uses her closet to cross over from the Spirit Realm. It has a message for her. Just when she's about to join her father at his school for hunters she finds out they are dying on their birthdays. Something is killing them, slipping past locked doors, never leaving a trace of evidence, and her birthday is only two months away.

Becoming a hunter isn't exactly her dream come true. She's doing it for her mother, for revenge, for justice. Nothing is going to get in her way, least of all love. Then she looks up into a pair of jungle green eyes and everything changes.


Book Links
Amazon - Barnes & Noble - Smashwords - Kobo - Sony



My Review

I was completely blown away by this book. I've been trying to cut back on reviewing books lately so I can work my way through the never-ending-always-growing TBR pile, so I wasn't sure if I should try this book, it was only when I looked it up on Goodreads and saw it had such a high rating that I thought I should give it a go. I'm still patting myself on the back for that great decision.

This book start off exciting and interesting, even the not as eventful parts are still really engaging. I don't think there was a time throughout the whole book that I wasn't on the edge of my seat begging my brain to faster make sense of the words before me. This book was that good.

The writing was absolutely breathtaking, this author sure knows how to weave her words. The only times I was pulled out of the story were when I had to give a little pause just so I could admire the amazingness of how the story flowed. I like writing myself and it is such a delight when I read a book that is just written to perfection.

The characters were fantastic, each one was unique and interesting. I could never quite tell who had an ulterior motive, so I just remained suspicious of everybody. Bay-Lee and Nick were so good together. There was so much fire between them and I loved reading every scene between them!

This book is well worth reading and I am very much anticipating the next book in the series. The entire time while reading this I both simultaneously wanted it to end and go on for ever. I needed to know what happened but at the same time, I was reluctant to leave that world. Very engaging and a pleasure to read. Definitely something any paranormal fans should read!

4.5/5 Whales




Author Bio - K.C. Blake

Born and raised in California, I fell in love with writing while reading The Outsiders. Then I fell in love with Stephen King's writing style. I enjoy reading many types of books, but YA Paranormal is my favorite. I used to write for Harlequin under a different name. So that's my background. Exciting, no?

I have seven books out now: Vampires Rule, Werewolves Rule,Shifters Rule, Crushed, Witch Hunt, Bait, and my only adult novel, a romantic suspense called Pandora's Box. 

You can find links to all books here on my blog:
http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com


Book Links
Website - Goodreads



Find the rest of the TOUR HERE! And check out my post here for an interview with K.C. Blake!


No comments:

Post a Comment