Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [22]

Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier!


 


1. Goodreads
I love goodreads. I have found so many amazing books through it and it's really helpful when I'm trying to figure what I should read/review, also all (well most) of the books information is there, in one place. You shouldn't judge a book by it's star rating, but it is a good place to start!

2. The Library
I think this year I have spent less time in the library than any other year (excluding baby-time) because I've just been overloaded with school! This is very sad because the library was like a second home to me, it still is, and I try and visit it every chance I get! They have some great bargain books on occasion and I can always find something interesting while perusing their shelves!

3. NetGalley
Ever since discovering NetGalley I've been hooked, it's been great fun reading books before they're released! It makes me feel very cool and I love looking through and seeing what's coming out soon.

4. Spell-checker
I know this is only a little thing but for those late-night reviews it has been a lifesaver! 

5. Rafflecopter
So easy for giveaways and fun too(I know, I find the weirdest things fun). 

6. Google Docs/Drive
I've made all sorts of charts and forms using google and it's made my blogging life so much easier! I also have this weird love for organising things into neat little lists, the only thing I hate to be organised neatly is my room. That baby is organised chaos at it's best (or should I say worst.. ;) )!

7. My Blogging Diary
As soon as I sign up for a tour/blitz/reveal/other thingy, I put a note in my diary showing what dates I *may* have committed myself to an event and all the definites I write in! SO, So, so helpful!

8. Other Book Bloggers
I wouldn't have a clue how to run a blog if it wasn't for other bloggers. Also you get to find people who share similar book interests to you and I have found a lot of great new books from others' reviews.

9. The Book Depository
With free shipping to most places and fairly low (sometimes incredibly low) prices, TBD has made it possible for me to make my giveaways international! I have also found many amazing deals to spend my no money on! :P

10. Facebook & Twitter
Seriously, these social media sites have made it so easy to connect with other bloggers and authors and they're so handy to share my blog posts and connect with my lovely followers!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! We have a lot of the same ones this week!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of ours overlap :) I really feel like other bloggers are the best, really. I've grown quite fond of reviews as my source of "the next book."

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I need to start keeping a notebook and I also need to start using google docs. I don't use either, but they keep popping up, so they must be worthwhile!

    My TTT
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete