Monday, 7 October 2013

One Year Blogoversary Celebrations - Tens List with Meagan from Books to Get Lost In


Welcome to the next post in my blogoversary celebrations. For our special guest today we have Meagan from Books to Get Lost In and she is sharing with us her Top Ten Book Quotes! To start off here's Meagan with an introduction to herself and her blog.

Hey guys my name is Meagan *waves*

The first thing you should know about me is that I have a 2 year old son who is my entire world and I got his name from a book. We also read books together each night before bedtime (gotta start them off right). The second thing you should know is that my nose is constantly shoved in a book where I get to lose myself to someone else’s world. I’ve always loved books for as long as I can remember. One of my favorite hobbies is walking into a book store going up to a shelf and loosing myself in covers and stories. A good cover ALWAYS pulls me in. Ohhh and I love the smell of books. Weird I know, but I do. The books that really get my interest are paranormal fiction, science fiction, romance and of course kids books. The third thing you should know about me is that I love to laugh and joke around. If you can’t laugh at yourself or crack a joke then you may not understand my humor or like me because I’m pretty much laughing at myself or something stupid at least once an hour. Laughing just makes life more enjoyable….along with books.

I started my blog back on June 1st, 2013 because Barnes and Noble, Goodreads and Amazon just weren’t doing it for me. I wanted more of an insight into a book. Why should I read this book. What makes it good or bad. And I search around on some blogs and loved the way they were interacting with authors and publishers and I wanted that. I wanted to be a part of that world. I wanted to help promote authors and their books and share them with the world. My goal when I started was to review a book and truly give an insight into the book; good or bad and to just let others know about it. Not everybody loves let alone likes to read and maybe they just haven’t found something they like to get their interest and just maybe my blog could help them with that. What I didn’t expect was to meet so many amazing wonderful people between bloggers and authors and publicists and readers. I’ve fallen into this world where I get to share my biggest passion with others and I couldn’t be more happy or blessed. J

Meagan's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Megz_0711


Tens List with Meagan

Top Ten Favourite Quotes From Books!

1. “I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will,” he said, voice thick and hoarse with panic. “I will come back for you. I will –“
- Daemon, Opal


2. “Laters baby.”
- Elliott, Fifty Shades of Grey


3. If I had to choose between my love for you and the air I breathe, I'd spend my last breath telling you how much you mean to me. 
- Adrius, Fire and Ice


4. Kat tipped her head back, meeting my stare. Her throat worked on her next words. "I think I might love you."

Air punched out of my lungs. I held her tight, and I knew right then I would burn down the whole universe for her if I had to.

I would do anything to keep her safe. Kill. Heal. Die. Anything. Because she was my everything.” 
- Daemon, Onyx


5. “Because I love you, we share each other’s problems. When we fight, we fight together. I’m going to be by your side no matter what, whether you like it or not. That’s what love is, Alex. You never have to face anything alone again. And I get what you’re saying. I don’t agree with it, but I will support you in any way I can.”
- Aiden, Deity


6. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
- Elizabeth, Pride and Prejudice


7. And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…" he murmured. I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion.”
- Edward and Bella, Twilight


8. Kylie tried to find the face behind the voice, but her gaze clashed with another stare –a cold, bright blue-eyed stare that somehow stood out from the rest. Pulling her attention away from just the eyes, Kylie noticed the boy’s jet-black hair. And just like that, she remembered.
She remembered him.
She remembered…her cat.
“It can’t be,” she muttered under her breath.
- Kylie, Born at Midnight


9. "I want to lay my kill at your feet," he said, more growl than words, and held her tight by her hair as he marked her neck with his teeth.
She writhed against him. She wanted to bite him, she wanted to rip the flesh from his back, but most terrible of all, she didn't want him to stop. Her back arched, her body shattered, she howled.

He was raw and sharp and rich and throbbing with life. He was sweet blood after a long hunt. How could she have mistaken Aiden's kisses for this? They had been delicious and smooth like the brief comfort of chocolate, but they had never been enough.
- Vivian and Gabriel, Blood and Chocolate


10. “Tess, Tess, Tessa."

Was there ever a more beautiful sound than your name? To speak it aloud makes my heart ring like a bell. Strange to imagine that, isn’t it – a heart ringing – but when you touch me that is what it is like: as if my heart is ringing in my chest and the sound shivers down my veins and splinters my bones with joy.

Why have I written these words in this book? Because of you. You taught me to love this book where I had scorned it. When I read it for the second time, with an open mind and heart, I felt the most complete despair and envy of Sydney Carton. Yes, Sydney, for even if he had no hope that the woman he loved would love him, at least he could tell her of his love. At least he could do something to prove his passion, even if that thing was to die.

I would have chosen death for a chance to tell you the truth, Tessa, if I could have been assured that death would be my own. And that is why I envied Sydney, for he was free.

And now at last I am free, and I can finally tell you, without fear of danger to you, all that I feel in my heart.

You are not the last dream of my soul.

You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming. You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth.

With hope at least,
- Will Herondale, Clockwork Prince


Phew, *fans self* there are definitely some new titles I'm adding to my TBR list! Thank you for those swoon worthy moments, they sure brightened up my day. Gosh Will is such a sweetheart, I just want to take him home with me and... cuddle him! ;)
Thanks for being a part of my blogoversary!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today!!! I had a lot of fun writing my list...it was just really hard to narrow it to only 10 quotes. :) Happy blogoversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a good job with your selection! Thank you! :)

      Delete