Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [23]

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Fantasy Lovers


 


I love fantasy, it's my all-time favourite genre and I love all of it's sub-genres too, so this post will be filled with all manner of fantasy books and hopefully there'll be something for everyone!


Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1)   Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)

1. His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman 
Yes, it appears in a list again, but I can't help it! I adore this book and this series! I know it's not for everyone, but for me it is the best!

2. Anything by Trudi Canavan
I picked up one of her books at the library a few years ago and once I started I quickly devoured it - then everything else she'd written! I have read her newest series yet (I was waiting for it to be completed) but I'm hoping to start on it soon!


Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad, #1)   Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1)

3. The Belgariad Series by David Eddings + all his other work ;)
The Belgariad series is the first work I read of David Eddings so it is the dearest in my heart, but I love all his other books too! It's your nice high fantasy, with the epic quests, ferocious battles, and your hero fighting against the evil! It's just brilliant!

4. The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix
I've read this series a couple of times and loved it both times! The worlds and ideas in this book are great and I am very excited for Clariel (new story, same world)!!


Obernewtyn (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1)   Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)

5. The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody
This series was first started in 1987 and is almost finished and it just keeps getting better and better as you move from one book to the next. It has special mental powers, epic quests, and romance!

6. The Inkworld Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
Inkheart is about one of the most wanted magic powers that bookworms have - being able to enter into a book! Not only does it have books within books, it also has an amazing story, brilliant relationships and characters you just love!


The Poison Throne (Moorehawke Trilogy, #1)   A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword, #1)

7. The Moorehawke Trilogy by Celine Kiernan
I picked this series up on a whim and then I couldn't stop reading! All the parts of this book work well together and I'm really glad I picked it up!

8. The Staff and the Sword Series by Patrick W. Carr
I read the first book in this series as part of a blog tour - loved it - then read the second one as part of a blog tour too! The second book was even better than the first and I have really high hopes for book 3!


Fraction of Stone (Fraction, #1)   The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

7. Fraction of Stone (Fraction #1) by Kelley Lynn
I have only read the first book in this series (because it's the only one published yet) but it's already shaping to be one of my favourite series!

8. Anything by Rick Riordan
I've only read his two Olympian series' (with Percy Jackson) but I adored them! His writing style is wonderful and I love mythology and different Gods, so his books are perfect!


2 comments:

  1. I usually just read fantasy to my boys and we love everything by Rick Riordan too. Thanks for sharing this list, it gives me some new books to look into :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I quite enjoy fantasy but haven't read too many of these. I love His Dark Materials, it made my list! I also really enjoyed the Abhorsen books as well. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete