Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [24]

Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For!


 


1. My Boyfriend!
He is such an important part of my life and has helped me to overcome so many things and I love him very much!

2. Books and the Wonderful Authors Who Write Them
This one's obvious. Books are a fundamental part of the oxygen I breathe and we of course would not have books if it weren't for those wonderful authors that put themselves and their writings out into the world!

3. My Signed Books/Bookmarks/Posters/etc..
All my swag is special to me, but signed things just make my heart go all a-flutterin'! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside that the author took their time to especially sign stuff for a fan, even if it wasn't especially for me, it's still such an awesome thing to do!

4. My Family
I love them and am thankful for them every day.

5. My Ability to Write
I'm not the most amazing writer but my imagination can produce some most wonderful stories and my mind knows how to spin the words just so! All I need now is someone cracking a whip behind me so I can actually get some writing done!

6. My Awesome Typewriter
My awesome boyfriend (see #1) gave me a typewriter for my 18th birthday (this year)! It is super awesome and I have always, always wanted one! As a thank you I typed out a story I'd written for him on the typewriter.

7. The Library
Where I get most of my awesome books! I haven't been as regular a patron since starting the blog because of all the books I've been sent to review plus having to study for college, but now college is done I have less pressure to study and can focus more time on my blog, reading, and getting reacquainted with the Rosny LINC! (My library)!

8. Music/My iPod
I love music and I can't help singing along to songs when I know the words. Music is good! And it helps keep me sane umm.. not insane!

9. Book Blogging, Book Bloggers, & Book Blogs
I adore my blog and I'm not sure what I'd do, or be doing, without it. It's just such a huge, amazing part of my life now. I also love all the other amazing bloggers out there and their blogs. I have yet to meet (well, internet-meet) a blogger who was not kind and helpful and I think you're all amazing!

10. Battlestar Galactica (and other amazing TV Shows & movies (like Beauty and the Beast..))
I won a competition a few weeks back from a blog tour and the prize was a pack of sci-fi dvds, amongst it was the first season of Battlestar Galactica and mini-series prequel. My boyfriend and I fell in love with the show and recently watched the last episode of the last season about a week or so ago. When I tried explaining to my Nan the sheer brilliance and emotion of the last episode (spoilers didn't matter, she's not going to watch it ever) and the whole series for that matter, I started bawling my eyes out, which was exactly the same thing I did when watching the last episode. Even now when I think to hard about everything that happened, I feel tears threatening to form. Everything about this series was wonderful and one day, maybe in a month (or 12) I will reflect on absolutely every detail, for now though I'm still way too emotionally invested to keep my emotions rational and not burst into tears. :P

6 comments:

  1. Having a vivid imagination and being able to bring what you see to life for other people to enjoy is definitely a blessing! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree one hundred percent. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh it must be so cool to have a typewriter! What a wonderful boyfriend! Many of these things I am thankful for too, great list!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And though I make many mistakes with it, I think it adds character to whatever I'm writing!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I don't know what I would do without my wonderful boyfriend, family and friends; they are truly amazing. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete