Saturday, 21 December 2013

Challenge #10 & #11 & #12 + Update - End of the Year Read-a-thon

Sign-Up for the read-a-thon here.

#ReadingCram Update

11th Dec - Betwixt by Melissa Pearl ~Review
12th Dec - The Marshmallow Hammer Detective Agency: The Mysterious Case of the Golden Egg by Ernie Lindsey ~Review
15th Dec - Reality by Dani Hart ~Review
17th Dec - Another Little Piece of My Heart by Tracey Martin
20th Dec - Currently Reading: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Really falling behind.. stupid Christmas interfering with my reading time! I've also skipped a couple of challenges (#8 & #9) because they were supposed to be done several days ago and I'd prefer to concentrate on these. :)


Challenge #10 - Post a Review Challenge

The Marshmallow Hammer Detective Agency: The Mysterious Case of the Golden EggTitle: The Marshmallow Hammer Detective Agency: The Mysterious Case of the Golden Egg

Series: N/A

Author: Ernie Lindsey

Published: 
11th October 2013

Source: 
E-ARC from Netgalley for my honest review

This book follows Hat (Halcyone Acasia Tintersmoot) and her detective business, The Marshmallow Detective Agency. On her twelfth birthday, Hat receives a mysterious parcel from her grandfather who had died a few years before, and is sent on a wonderful journey, learning life lessons and solving her toughest mystery so far!

The characters in this book are fantastic! They each have their own little quirks, which probably seem even quirkier as the book is in the point of view of a twelve year old girl. I loved that the book was not only a fun story, but also gave little life lessons that were given in a way that is easily accessible and understandable for everyone!

The mysteries were both very difficult and confoundingly simple. I figured out the answers to some of them but for others I was left scratching my head. The clues were a lot of fun and it made me wish I'd had a detective grandfather leave me a mystery like this!

The book is a wonderful middle grade novel. It has fun, friendship, and some fabulous mysteries! Frank and Hat work wonderfully together and their relationship (both the good and bad parts) are completely real. It is perfect for all ages and is a book I'm putting on my for-the-future-kids list!

4/5 Whales - FULL REVIEW POST


Challenge #11 - Spine Poetry 

Mortal Engines (The Hungry City Chronicles, #1)
My life is
Only mortal a
Raging storm so ever fleeting. I
Tried to live
Alone, but
Life is together. Life is Engima.

Enigma, that is her
Name. A
Ghost, hardly there but
I always see. I
Needed her, that
Enigma. Just as
She needed me. Together.



Challenge #12 - Spell it Out Challenge

Just Ella by Annette K. Larsen ~Review
Reality by Dani Hart ~Review
Evanescent by Gabriella Lepore ~Review
Dare You To by Katie McGarry ~Review

      Advantage Erin by Kris Kreisman ~Review
the Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett ~Review
     Dead Running by Cami Checketts ~Review

Memory's Wake by Selina Fenech ~Review
You Are Mine by Janeal Falor
Ridley House by Willa Jemhart ~Review
Attempting Elizabeth by Jessica Grey ~Review

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in the Spell It Out Challenge! I like that you posted links to your reviews, too. :)

    ReplyDelete