Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry - Review

Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)Title: Crash Into You

Series: Pushing the Limits #3

Author: Katie McGarry

Published: 
26th November 2013 (1st December 2013) by Harlequin Teen

Source: 
E-ARC from Netgalley for my honest review



Synopsis:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane. 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.



Book Links
Goodreads


My Review

Katie McGarry is evil. I know it's an authors prerogative to torture their readers, but I almost exploded while reading this book. No spoilers, but there's one part of the book that will either make you comatose or cause you to explode, at least for a minute or two.. ;) Seriously though, Katie McGarry is evil.


I love her!

Each time I read one of these books (Pushing the Limits series), happiness explodes within me, and though I love them all it's always the latest one I've read that's my favourite, making Crash Into You my current McGarry favourite! I loved Isaiah and Rachel's story and it's always fun to see the other characters (Noah & Echo, Beth & Ryan) making an appearance.

I wasn't so fond of Isaiah in the previous two books, not that we saw all that much of him or got to truly understand his mind, but in this book.. wow. I really need to re-read the whole series so I can see all the characters in a new light! Rachel was gorgeous, inside and out, and I loved watching her take control of her life.. and Isaiah. ;)

A main theme in this book, apart form love, was cars. I know almost nothing about cars and I can't really drive (I'm learning though!) so cars aren't all that interesting to me, but that did nothing to dampen my love of this book. I thought the car element was cool and I enjoyed the fast-paced action!


If you have read and enjoyed Katie McGarry's other books, then you will love this one too. I had to stay up until 3 in the morning to finish it off, putting it down was just too unbearable! My only problem was that this ended, I could read Isaiah and Rachel's story forever! Though I suppose then I wouldn't be able to read more of Katie McGarry's books.. so maybe I'll keep the ending, as long as she writes many, many more books!

5/5 Whales


1 comment:

  1. Great review. I gave this book a five star review too. I love this book and Isaiah. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete