Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Weekly Review Round-Up [1]

Hosted by Reviews From a Bookworm

Weekly Review Round-up!

This is a new meme by Reviews From a Bookworm where you can showcase the reviews you've posted during the past week, giving a short, sweet taste of why they were good (or bad).

These are the basics of how to take part, but if you want more info check out the first post here.


  • Create your own Weekly Review Round-up post - feel free to use my graphic or create your own, but remember to link back to Reviews from a Bookworm so that more people can take part! 
  • I'll post on Sundays but post on whichever day suits you, the link up will be up for the duration of the week.
  • Visit Reviews from a Bookworm and add your link so people can come check your post out and go visit some other blogs if you can, sharing is caring
  • Feel free to set your post out however you want - Mini-review, simple ratings or you can vlog if you prefer. 
  • If you would rather do a monthly round-up then that is also fine. Or if you want to include it in your Sunday Post.

  • I only just found out about this meme but I wanted to post straight away so this post will be a bit of an anomaly compared to my future review round-ups which will hopefully happen on Sundays. I'm also going to have this first post include reviews a little longer than a week old as I've read some pretty awesome books lately!


    20th November - 10th December
    REVIEWS


    Fireblood (Fireblood #1) by Trisha Wolfe
     
    Fireblood (Fireblood, #1)

    Fireblood had a mix of some awesome genres (fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian..) and they all blended perfectly together. This book had amazing characters, wonderful language, swoon-worthy 'fighting' scenes and a brilliant story full of heartache, betrayal, romance, and love!
    Did I mention the fight scenes?! (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4.5/5 Whales




    The Order of the Rose (The Rose Chronicles #1) by Alysha King
     

    This book was a wonderful tale of epic, dark, magical fantasy! The characters were great and grew so much throughout the book. The author wasn't afraid to really let loose the evil of the characters and the darkness made the story all that more meaningful! (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4/5 Whales




    Death of the Mad Hatter by Sarah J. Pepper
     
    Death of the Mad Hatter

    This book was kooky and nonsensical in a brilliant way! Sarah did a wonderful job of capturing the feel of Wonderland and making it her own. I was pleasantly surprised by the romance and I really enjoyed all of the characters - whether I loved or loved-to-hate them! (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4/5 Whales




    Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1) by Aimee Carter
     
    Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)

    I really loved the dystopian government in this book! Though the structure wasn't greatly different from other dystopians, I  really enjoyed the ideas behind it. I also loved the idea of Elsewhere though I would never want to take a vacation there! The story was good and I really enjoyed the little twists and turns it took! (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4/5 Whales


    4 comments:

    1. Death of a Mad Hatter sounds fun.

      I like how you put a little summary of your reviews in addition to the link.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was! It was something different from what I had been reading and I enjoyed it.

        Thank you. :)

        Delete
    2. Wow your reading week was really great, so many books that you enjoyed. I gave Pawn 4/5 Stars as well, I am excited for the sequel of that one :) Thanks for taking part!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've been very lucky with the books I've read recently! :)

        Delete