Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Resisting the Hero by Cindi Madsen - Review

Resisting the Hero (Accidentally In Love #3) by Cindi Madsen

Title: Resisting the Hero

Series: Accidentally in Love #3

Author: Cindi Madsen

Published: 
13th January 2014 by Entangled Bliss

Source: 
E-ARC from the author for my honest review



Synopsis:

Resisting her brother’s best friend is futile…

Faith Fitzpatrick isn’t looking for a hero. Burned one too many times in the past, she’s now sworn them off completely. And when her brother’s best friend, Connor, convinces him to join the dangerous SWAT team, Faith has never been more anti-hero. What’s wrong with having a safe job? There’s nothing safe about Connor. Confident, sexy, and sporting a six-pack that should be illegal, he’s everything she doesn’t want.

When his best friend’s sister moves to town, local cop Connor Maguire knows he’s in trouble. Faith is feisty, funny, and talks trash like nobody’s business. She’s also his partner’s sister—and so totally off limits. Working on the Fall Festival together, they agree to a truce and become friends. But the more time Connor spends with Faith, the more he’s willing to risk the wrath of her brother. If he could only convince her to take a risk on him, too.

Book Links 

My Review

Two words: That. Was. Hot. Oh, sorry, that was three words. My brain isn't in a fully functional state at the moment, I'm still recovering from Connor turning it into mush. Mmm.. Connor. Ahem. Right, book review!

I just finished reading Resisting the Hero and boy was it good, not a really good choice of pre-sleep reading though, unless you can somehow sleep after such a steamy, delightful book. Everything about this book completely sucked me in and once I started reading it I just couldn't stop!

The characters were wonderful. Faith had the right amount of snark, fun, & heart and Connor was perfect amounts of sexy, sexy, & sexy. Err.. I meant sweet (sexy), funny (sexy), & kind (sexy). Connor was the perfect male leading role. He was a cop, he was drop dead gorgeous, he could speak sexy Italian, and he wanted to save the world! So dreamy! Faith was amazing too and I understand why she didn't fall for Connor so easily (well, I kinda do..) and I found her to be very adorable, even with all her insecurities.

This is your classic romance novel, and even though we all know ultimately what's going to happen it's the journey there that we really want to read about, and Cindi Madsen can sure write one heck of a journey! While I thought Faith was a little too frosty to my cutie-pie Connor right at the beginning, I could understand why after all, she'd just been through one bad break-up. I wasn't so fond of Connor's history either, he's just to sweet to do such things, but again I understood and I loved watching both these characters grow through each other. This book is a definite must for romance lovers and I really, really, like, right now really need to get my hands on the first two books in this Bliss series!

5/5 Whales


2 comments:

  1. I really loved Resisting the Hero as well. It was soo good.
    My Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much more than I thought I would!

      Delete