Sunday, 5 January 2014

Stacking the Shelves [33]

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews about sharing the books you've added to your shelves in the past week, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks. Click on the book titles to take you to their goodreads page.



FOR CHRISTMAS:

Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)   Step by Step Cook's Encyclopedia

Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1) by Jay Kristoff (paperback)

I have been wanting to read Stormdancer since it came out, especilly after reading some brilliant interviews from the author, Jay Kristoff, so I was very excited when my boyfriend's mother bought this for me!

I also got an amazing cookbook from my boyfriend for Christmas. It has wonderful recipes each with easy-to-follow instructions and pictures showing each step. I have already made a few things from this book and I just love it!



BOUGHT:

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)  Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)  The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires #6) by Rachel Caine (paperback)
Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5) by Rachel Caine (paperback)
The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead (paperback)

Both the Morganville Vampire books were on sale for only $3.50 and since I've been meaning to read the series for a while, I couldn't resist!

I also bought a copy of The Fiery Heart, because hey, it's Richelle Mead!



WON:

The Forgotten Ones (The Danaan Trilogy, #1)  The P.U.R.E.  One More Day

The Forgotten Ones (The Danaan Trilogy #1) by Laura Howard (e-book) - from K.A. Last's Immagica Map Reveal Giveaway
The P.U.R.E (The P.U.R.E. #1) by Claire Gillian (e-book) - from J. Taylor's Christmas Cracker Scavenger Hunt
One More Day by L.S. Murphy + more! (e-book) - from J. Taylor's Christmas Cracker Scavenger Hunt

Perry Road (Revolution, #1)   Death of the Mad Hatter

Perry Road (Revolution #1) by Emi Gayle (e-book) - from Lola's Reviews' One Year Blogoversary
Death of the Mad Hatter by Sarah J. Pepper (paperback, signed!) - from Sarah J. Pepper's Facebook Release Party ~ Review

24 comments:

  1. Great haul! Stormdancer looks really good - I;'m going to have to buy a copy soon. I haven't heard of your other books, but enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard really good things about Stormdancer. Some beautiful covers indeed. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it lives up to my expectations! :)

      Delete
  3. I used to love THe Morganville Vampire series but just haven't been able to keep up with it. Hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about starting the series for a while - now I have some incentive!

      Delete
  4. Sweet! I wish I had your luck in winning stuff! It looks like you have a nice haul.

    my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found myself to be quite lucky with givewaways! :)

      Delete
  5. I am looking forwards to reading The Fiery Heart :) Enjoy!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, though I've hear the ending may kill me, so I might wait until the next book comes out first!

      Delete
  6. I loved The Fiery Heart! Now, I really want to read Silver Shadows, lol. I've heard great things about Stormdancer, too. I hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul :-) I really hope you enjoy these books! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! The Fiery Heart! I loved it. Adrian's POV was amazing. <3

    My STS!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mad Hatter book looks totally crazy lol I hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stormdancer! I remember being so excited when that book came out, but then I never read it. And then Kinslayer came out, and I still had not read Stormdancer. Yikes! I need to get one that. I have never read any of Richelle Mead's books - and she has so many! Oops? :)

    Have an awesome weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing happened to me, so I'm very excited I have Stormdancer now! I haven't read any of Richelle's adult stuff, but I adore her YA series! :)

      Delete
  11. Great haul! :) Yay for Stormdancer, it's so good! :) Enjoy all your reads! :)

    Evie @Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Morganville books bring me back to good times with my friends, reading on the weekends. It's a long, yet awesome, series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Death of Mad Hatter looks freaking epic! One More Day looks like a sad contemporary read. I heard The Fiery Heart is amazing based on a booktuber (Kassidy Voinche). I hope you enjoy them all x

    My STS: http://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/stacking-the-shelves-7/

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES for The Fiery Heart even though I haven't read it yet. One More Day and Mad Hatter seems amazing! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete