Sunday, 19 January 2014

Stacking the Shelves [34]

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews about sharing the books you've added to your shelves in the past week, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks. Click on the book titles to take you to their goodreads page.



FOR CHRISTMAS:

The Universe Versus Alex Woods   The Coward's Tale. Vanessa Gebbie

The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence (hardcover)
The Coward's Tale by Vanessa Gebbie (hardcover)

These were gifts from my darling mother which I forgot to include last week. How pretty are those covers?!



BOUGHT:

Raven's Gate   The Graphic Novel (Power Of Five)   The Rivan Codex: Ancient Texts of the Belgariad and the Malloreon

Raven's Gate The Graphic Novel (The Power of Five #1) by Anthony Horowits (paperback)
The Rivan Codex by David Eddings & Leigh Eddings (hardcover)

I love David Eddings and this is one of the few books by him I don't own! I also got it from the markets for only $4 which was doubly awesome!
And I like Anthony Hororwitz and though I've yet to read the conclusion to the Power of Five series, I have read and enjoyed the first four books so I thought buying the graphic novel would be cool!



Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)   




I bought two gorgeous handmade necklaces from Mopsys Designs and as a special bonus for being the first customer, I also received:
-Two complimentary bracelets
-A pack of Vampire Academy temporary tattoos
-A Book Cracker Caroline bookmark (it's her mothers store so she gave all the extra goodies!)
AND, a SIGNED copy of Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead (paperback)

The jewellery is gorgeous and very reasonably priced and I was so excited about the bonus gifts! Especially the signed book because Richelle Mead is a goddess and I love her! Also, Mopsys Designs currently has a free shipping within the US so I definitely suggest taking a look at the store!



WON:

The Order of the Rose (The Rose Chronicles #1)   

   


-A SIGNED copy of The Order of the Rose (The Rose Chronicles #1) by Alysha King (paperback)
-A signed The Order of the Rose bookmark
-A $20 Amazon gift card
-A locket
-A signed set of character cards

I really enjoyed this book and was so excited when I won, especially since the author is Australian too! Everything is just gorgeous and I am super-jealous of Alysha's perfect signature!





-A SIGNED postcard from author Penelope Ward

I loved signed things! And those book covers are quite nice.. ;)

6 comments:

  1. The necklaces really are beautiful. I hope you enjoy everything you got.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're even better in the flesh (err.. beads?) :P

      Delete
  2. Great haul! Love those necklaces, they're gorgeous. I hope you enjoy your books! My STS :)

    ReplyDelete