Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Teaser Tuesday [28] & Top Ten Tuesday [28]

Teaser Tuesday


Hosted by MizB at Should be Reading

The Colony

Brinlee's heart thumped uncontrollably as her stocky neighbor strode confidently across the grass. Oh, help.

18%, e-copy of The Colony by Cami Checketts

Check out my review and tens list interview with Cami Checketts here!



Top Ten Nine Characters I'd NEVER Want To Trade Places With!


 


The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)   

1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games
Now I know this surprising but it turns out I'd rather not be thrown into a murderous pit of hell and be forced to kill kids my own age and younger. :P Seriously though, I do not envy Katniss her sucky life.

2. Alex Rider from the Alex Rider Series
Alex is a teenage spy and while that sounds cool and everything, all the crazy stuff he has to do would scare the poopy out of me and if I had to do everything he did, I would definitely have died long before the first book even ended. 


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)   The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

3. Harry Potter from the Harry Potter Series
Harry Potter has magic, awesome friends, goes to a kick-butt magic school, and has magic (I know I mentioned this but magic is so cool it needs to be mentioned twice!)! He also has
-no parents, because they were killed by an evil dark wizard who also tried to kill Harry but failed which pissed of the evil dark wizard and led to Harry having a future filled with pain, death, and loss.
-is being hunted down by an evil, dark wizard (see above)
-and has a pretty grim life with a strong possibility of dying at a young age.
-He also lives in a cupboard under the stairs. 

4. Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series
Okay, it looks like I just want to stay clear of people with a destiny. I'm going to blame my laziness and inability to stay alive under destiny circumstances. Seriously, how do people with a destiny actually survive?! And I wonder if they have a therapy group? "Welcome to Destiny Survivors. What inevitable death did you escape today?"


Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1)   If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)

5. Ellie from the Tomorrow Series 
I really wouldn't like to be anyone from this series actually but Ellie especially because of all the horrors she had to survive and all the hard decisions she had to make. If this did happen to me, I think I'd just hand myself over to the invaders, or pray that Tasmania is forgotten and left alone.

6. Mia from If I Stay
I would hate to go through what Mia went through, watching the life you had rip apart and the people you love just disappear.. This book is great but I would nto want this story to be mine.


The Book Thief   Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)

7. Liesel from The Book Thief
All the things she went through and the people she lost would be enough to drive me mad. I bawled my eyes out reading this book, I'm not sure how I'd survive actually living the story.

8 & 9. Echo & Noah from Pushing the Limits
While this book is brilliant and I love Echo and Noah, they really have some issues and I would not want either of them for their pasts.

9 comments:

  1. Hello, I stopped by to see your teaser which was great, but I really loved your Tuesday Top Ten. I whole-heartedly agree with your first choice (and a few others), as soon as I read the prompt my first thought was: Oh, that's easy, definitely Katniss from the Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was mine too! While I'd love to live in some of the worlds *cough*HP*cough* some of the characters I would rather not walk in the shoes of!

      Delete
  2. Curious teaser and great list. I agree with all of the choices. But that's why I read - to experience people and places different from me. And people in dangerous situations are the most interesting. My teasers this week are from Carousel Sun by Sharon Lee and Cress by Marissa Meyer. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some awesome picks! I don't think I would have want to live there too, good reasons!
    Hope you can stop by my Top Ten

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list, my mind was a blank when I tried it last night. Great TT! Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, while I wouldn't trade places with Harry Potter I would definitely love to live in his world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never want to trade places with Katniss, and I'm pretty sure anyone who said they would is lying (or incredibly in love with Peeta). :) Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total agree with you, I love all this books but I no wanna be a prophecy girl or a girl in war o close to death

    ReplyDelete