Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Weekly Review Round-Up [3]

Hosted by Reviews From a Bookworm

Weekly Review Round-up!

This is a new meme by Reviews From a Bookworm where you can showcase the reviews you've posted during the past week, giving a short, sweet taste of why they were good (or bad).

These are the basics of how to take part, but if you want more info check out the first post here.



  • Create your own Weekly Review Round-up post - feel free to use my graphic or create your own, but remember to link back to Reviews from a Bookworm so that more people can take part! 
  • I'll post on Sundays but post on whichever day suits you, the link up will be up for the duration of the week.
  • Visit Reviews from a Bookworm and add your link so people can come check your post out and go visit some other blogs if you can, sharing is caring
  • Feel free to set your post out however you want - Mini-review, simple ratings or you can vlog if you prefer. 
  • If you would rather do a monthly round-up then that is also fine. Or if you want to include it in your Sunday Post.




  • 17th December - 31st December
    REVIEWS


    Reality (The Life of Arie #1) by Dani Hart

    Reality (The Life of Arie, #1)
    A slow start but this book has a nice ethereal feel to it, and the language is lovely. The vivid imagery pulls you into the story but unfortunately I didn't get stuck there and couldn't fully engage with the story. I did enjoy it though I wish I'd felt more involved. (~ FULL REVIEW)

    3.5/5 Whales


    The Marshmallow Hammer Detective Agency: The Mysterious Case of the Golden Egg by Ernie Lindsey

    The Marshmallow Hammer Detective Agency: The Mysterious Case of the Golden Egg
    The characters in this book were a heap of fun, with all their odd, little quirks magnified in the mond of a twelve year old girl (the MC) The mysteries were fun and some really valuable life-lessons were woven very well through the story. A very enjoyable MG novel!  (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4/5 Whales


    Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

    Divergent (Divergent, #1)
    I loved the system/government in this dystopian world and I had great fun watching all the different workings of it. The characters were great too, though I didn't connect as much as I'd hoped. The main thing that let me down with this book was all the hype, I was expecting too much and though I enjoyed the story, I kept wanting it to be more. (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4/5 Whales


    Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

    Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
    This book is filled with the same emotion and turmoil as its predecessor and though I was a little confused at first I soon fell into the story. Some of the characters changed in ways I didn't like and I still couldn't fully connect with the story, but overall I still enjoyed the story.  (~ FULL REVIEW)

    4/5 Whales


    Pendomus (Pendomus Chronicles #1) by Carissa Andrews

    Pendomus (Pendomus Chronicles, #1)
    I really loved reading about the world they were on (Pendomus) and it's history. Some parts of this story went a little slow plot-wise and I didn't connect with the book/characters as much as I'd have liked but I did enjoy the story and am looking forward to more of the series. (~ FULL REVIEW)

    3.5/5 Whales



    No comments:

    Post a Comment