Sunday, 2 March 2014

Moon's Flower by Marie Hall - Review

Moon's Flower (Kingdom #6) by Marie Hall

Moon's Flower (Kingdom, #6)Title: Moon's Flower

Series: Kingdom #6

Author: Marie Hall

Published: 
21st November 2013 by Marie Hall Publishing

Source: 
E-copy from the author & Author's HQ for my honest review


Synopsis:

Once upon a time, long, long ago a flower fairy looked to the skies and dared to fall in love with The Man in the Moon...

Book Links


My Review

This is the first book I have read by Marie Hall and so I wasn't sure what to expect going into it but her beautiful, descriptive language and the simple fairytale feel to the book hooked me from the start. This book is the sixth in the Kingdom series but I had no trouble reading it as a stand-alone. There was mention of another Marie Hall story right near the end but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the story and just left me feeling curious as to what that story entailed.

Moon's Flower is about the Man in the Moon, a once-mortal man bound to the service of the moon for 500 years, and the flower fairy, Calanthe, with whom he falls in love. I love fairytales and this tale was so new and unique that I couldn't help love it that little bit more. I've never read about the Man in the Moon and having him brought to life with such an interesting history and story was great to read about.

I really enjoyed all the characters, the good and the bad, everyone was unique and had their own, little flaws (or not-so-little flaws depending which character we're talking about). I thought the way in which the tale was told was clever and it let me absorb the fairytale side of it all the better.

This book is only a quick read and gave me my nice little bookish fix for the day. This fairytale is definitely more adult suited, with some not-so-PG-scenes but there's definitely nothing overly graphic and I think it's well enough balanced to suit most readers, regardless of their preference for clean or steam (though it is more on the steamy side). Overall I found this book enjoyable and I liked its fairytale format: short, sweet, and full of good, old-faishoned heartache, betrayal and magical curses! And of course there was plenty of true love, because a fairytale just isn't right without it! A very nice fairytale story.


3.5/5 Whales

 

No comments:

Post a Comment