Saturday, 12 April 2014

Rematch by Janine Caldwell - Review

Rematch (Vortex #1) by Janine Caldwell

Rematch (The Vortex Series, #1)Title: Rematch

Series: Vortex #1

Author: Janine Caldwell

Published: 
March 2012

Source: 
E-copy from the author for my honest review


Synopsis:

Trent Astor is many things—orphan, runaway, musician. But what’s most extraordinary about Trent is that he’s a time traveler. His supernatural gift sends him on missions to the past to save unsuspecting victims from harm. However, when he fails to save the life of a young girl, his life changes in ways he could never have dreamed.

At eleven-years-old, Cassie Moore suffered through a horrific shooting. Tragically scarred from the ordeal, the once promising tennis prodigy was forced to throw away all hope of a future in tennis. Now, as she begins her senior year of high school, the past continues to haunt her. She struggles to find herself, her self-esteem at an all time low. If only she could resolve the past, she might be able to move on with her life. She never imagined that could be possible until she meets the gorgeous new student in her PE class.





My Review

I really, really enjoyed this book! The writing is incredible and the story is really fun and engaging; I don't think the synopsis gives enough credit to just how good this book is! Rematch is a great YA sci-fi/time-travel/romance story that anyone can enjoy!

The book is told in alternating POVs from our two main characters Cassie and Trent. Trent travels through time, saving people from their horrible fates (death, pain, suffering, you get the picture) only one day he messes up. He's too slow and the girl he's meant to save dies before his eyes... or so he thought. When he returns back to his time he meets Cassie, the girl he'd "failed" to save. This is when things really get crazy.

I loved Cassie and Trent and I could really connect with both of them. Cassie really reminded me of how I was in high school, especially her awkwardness, so I really loved her as a character, and her relationship with Trent.. well lets just say you don't want to miss it!

I haven't read all that many books with time-travel in them but I thought that the author did a great job of putting her own spin on time-travel. I loved how it was done/how it happened and the action and romance woven into the story was just brilliant! This is a great YA read and I would highly recommend it!

4/5 Whales

No comments:

Post a Comment