Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Accidentally Married on Purpose by Rachel Harris - Review


Accidentally Married on Purpose (Love and Games #3) by Rachel Harris

Accidentally Married on Purpose (Love and Games, #3)Title: Accidentally Married on Purpose

Series: Love and Games #3

Author: Rachel Harris

Published: 
14th July 2014 by Entangled Bliss

Source: 
E-copy from NetGalley for my honest review


Synopsis:

One ring plus one wild night equals one crazy love

Sherry Robicheaux loves men. She loves love. And she loves an adventure. So when she meets a mysterious man while working backstage at a country music concert in Vegas, she’s all about what’s happened in Vegas staying there.

Country music superstar Tyler Blue just wants a weekend of anonymity…though there’s something about the spunky waitress with the streaks of purple hair that tempts him like no other. Until the next morning, when they both wake up with fuzzy memories…and rings on their fingers.

Convincing Sherry to maintain the ruse for his public image isn’t the hardest part—it’s reminding himself that their time spent playing husband and wife in her small town of Magnolia Springs can’t last. Tyler’s first love will always be music—and the road is no place for a sweet downhome girl.


Book Links



My Review

This is the first of Rachel Harris's Bliss-line books I've read, though I have her first two sitting on my kindle pleading with me to start them and after reading this work of brilliance, I don't think I can resist them any longer! The series is less of a following of the same story and more a following of a few of the characters and their romantic adventures, so even without reading the rest of the series this book can be (and was!) thoroughly enjoyed.

I've loved all the books I've read by Rachel Harris and I can't quite put my finger on what is so amazing about her stories, but I can definitely say that the fun in her books plays a big part in their charm. She easily weaves a cute, fun feeling throughout the story and the characters yet still manages to preserve the deeper feelings and revelations in the book.

In Accidentally Married on Purpose we follow the story of Sherry Robicheaux and Tyler Blue. If you've read the first two books in the Love and Games series you will have already met Sherry and from what I've read in this book, you would've loved her too! Sherry's smart, confident and has enough snark to fill up a tour bus, just how I like my leading ladies, and the tension between her and Tyler had me hooked on each and every sentence. Tyler Blue is the new character and the hunk of this story. Not only is he a sexy, successful, country-signing, guitar playing God, he also happens to be sweet and sensitive - just try to resist his charms, I dare you. ;)

The characters are all written with such enjoyable voices that it's almost impossible not to fall in love with every aspect of this book. Though the story is not a new idea, the way it's written makes it feel like it's the first story of its kind. I am thoroughly impressed by this book and could not recommend it highly enough. Rachel Harris is an absolute genius!!

4.5/5 Whales


No comments:

Post a Comment