Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday [30]

Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure About


"To Read or Not To Read?"


 


The Book of Blood and Shadow   Allegiant (Divergent, #3)   Enmity

Anything To Have You   Never Slow Dance With a Zombie   Death Comes to Pemberley   Headgames

Reaper's Novice (Soul Collector, #1)   Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years #1)   Zenith (Exodus, #2)


These are all books I have either won or bought fairly cheaply (except Allegiant, but I'll get to that in a minute) and after seeing various reviews and reading and re-reading the synopsis's, I'm just not sure I want to spend time reading these particular books when I've got so many books I'm dying to read just sitting in my TBR pile!

I didn't love the first two books in the Divergent series and by the end of Insurgent I didn't really have a lot still invested in the story. One of my friends told me what happened during Allegiant and so I don't feel any great need to read it, at least not any time soon. As I said before there are so many other books sitting in my bedroom just begging to be read!


6 comments:

  1. Allegiant would've made my list too - if I'd stupidly bought the book. Luckily, I didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is good that you didn't read Allegiant if you didn't like the other two. It was the one in the series with the most issues. I personally liked it but I can see the faults.

    Our TTT @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated Allegiant, and I was actually a fan of the series!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't' love Alegiant. Not just because of what happens but the writing was off too. If you didn't love the first two, then you probably won't like this one either. Or…you'll have low expectations and love it lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wicked was one of those books that I just didn't love as much as everyone else seemed to. That said, it's been years since I've read it, and I do want to reread it to see if maybe my opinions have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen Allegiant pop up on a lot of peoples posts this time. I though Allegiant wasn't a very well written book and was totally boring plot wise, but is worth reading just to see how the series finishes up and what everyone is talking about? The choice is yours, as always though ^.^

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/08/perfect-portugal.html

    ReplyDelete